Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have better options therefore he should be used as an impact sub if we need him. He's had a horrid season but we should all give him a chance.

I gave him half a season before I judged him. Kept a close eye on him in the away game vs Newcastle and he was so bad! I've never seen anyone look so out of their depth, every time the ball went near him we lost it.

Gash! I really wanted him to be the real deal and have held out for ages waiting for it to happen. Then i thought well maybe he could be an impact player, but he's not even average. I don't buy all this played out of position guff either, he can't hold onto the ball, pass, move, find space, tackle, none of the basics you would expect from any half decent footballer.He was worth a punt, but please now give up on him. I will however eat my words if he scores the winner against the RS ;)

Gash! I really wanted him to be the real deal and have held out for ages waiting for it to happen. Then i thought well maybe he could be an impact player, but he's not even average. I don't buy all this played out of position guff either, he can't hold onto the ball, pass, move, find space, tackle, none of the basics you would expect from any half decent footballer.He was worth a punt, but please now give up on him. I will however eat my words if he scores the winner against the RS ;)

Osman is infinitely better in the centre than on the wing.

Jagielka was a pretty meh midfielder and is now boss at centre half.

Arshavin is crap on the wing but good in the 'hole'.

Position can play a big part. Still don't think he's very good.

Hes not been brilliant thats for sure.

Hes pretty versatile though, we need that in a squad our size. As a squad man he is fine.

hasnt made the step up and has been poor so far ...........naturally he want him to play in his position but the fact that he doesnt gives me the feeling he s pretty naff there as well

shouldnt be near our 1st 13

He signed him as a utility player. To play several positions as and when required. He could play up front with Pele against Bristol Rovers and still look terrible.

He has been ****! I really don't understand how he is in front of Oviedo to come on. Oviedo has looked far more promising.

He's been poor, no doubt. He has a knack of misplacing telling passes that could lead to goal opportunities. He's managed to do it in almost every game. That has little to do with being played out of position: it's a mix of limited quality/confidence.

I don't see him as much of an impact sub, but in certain situations, like defending a one goal lead, he offers a few more defensive qualities than the likes of Mirallas. However, if he loses possession those qualities are pretty much negated.

I thought he'd do a little better for us, I must admit.

I think, had he been available for like 2m and not free, we wouldn't even had looked twice. He's awful tbh, should look to get rid end of the season and get a million or two for him, I am sure some soft manager would pay that.

I think, had he been available for like 2m and not free, we wouldn't even had looked twice. He's awful tbh, should look to get rid end of the season and get a million or two for him, I am sure some soft manager would pay that.

I thought the reports were though that Moyes had been tracking him for some time. So if that is the case we may well have paid a fee for him at some point. Even so though, no player is free, we will have paid signing on fees and wages, and whatever we are paying him it's too much. He's blocking the progress of our younger players every time he comes on the pitch or sits on the bench. And we pay him for doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.