Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really enough though? Aren't we looking to kick on rather than train someone up?

We took a chance on Moyes and didn't fare too badly. Also with the above 2, you can guarentee they have the clubs interest at heart and not someone whose just trying to make a name for themselves. And in terms of salary wise I'm pretty sure neither of them would break the bank

I'd have Martinez but ive got a liking for the man at Porto, Pereira!. Cut from the same cloth as Mourinho and AVB and like them 2, as done really well at Porto!. The thing with the likes of these 3, there attention to detail when it comes to tactics, formations, the oppostion etc is second to none and there teams are organised but play with some style and i think at this moment in time, would suit us to the ground!.

Ive been seeing Lennon being made the favourite for the job but i'll be seriously pissed off at his appointment!. Yeah, he did well in CL but when it came to SPL in a one team league, they didnt exactly run away with it did they!.

I dont want him, but do you think David Moyes could have guided Everton though the CL stages to the round of 16?

I dont.

We really need to start getting a reality check on just who is good enough or not good enough for Everton. Moyes was not a great manager and we're not getting one in to replace him.

Swansea doing an awful lot of talking regarding Laudrup. Now his agent is dismissing any idea of a move, saying he will be staying at Swansea for next season. We haven't even approached them, yet they're acting very proactively.

Nothing from Laudrup's own mouth yet though.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/.../david-moyes-joins-manchester-united-3567532?

They keep on harping on about the compo, if Laudrup isn't interested then the compo is totally irrelevant as the deal wouldn't be happening.

He spent £85m net on players for Villa in four seasons, and then spat his dummy when Lerner decided they need to sell some players.

Which I said is his problem as he over spent on some shockers. But if Lerner bank rolled him, then that's not his fault.

Its also not his fault when you've spent that money on taking a team near the bottom of the league to the top 5/6, pinning hopes on getting that champs league payday...only for the chairman to pull the plug and sell your best players. He walked because Lerner didnt keep his end of the deal.

Take away comparing it to Moyes. He's a one off. But whatever you say, O'Neil did what 90% of all the clubs in the league do...spend money to get into that top 4. Moyes is the only one that didnt spend but still did it. No one else has/or cant.

We have to take what Moyes has done out of the context.

lads ffs the money moyes was on we could afford a top notch manager FFS!!

*remembers who our chairman is and slits wrists!

We took a chance on Moyes and didn't fare too badly. Also with the above 2, you can guarentee they have the clubs interest at heart and not someone whose just trying to make a name for themselves. And in terms of salary wise I'm pretty sure neither of them would break the bank

We took a chance on Moyes because he had experience of PNE and getting them to a whisker of promotion.

The first box that gets ticked imo should be the one marked 'managerial experience'.

Status
Not open for further replies.