• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murat-Yakin-121015-Unveilled-AI-300.jpg

Best thing about this thread is that it's forcing me to research a few names I don't recognise:

Rene Girard
Thomas Tuchel
Vitor Pereira
Marcelo Bielsa

all look like decent candidates. Bielsa and Girard maybe a touch too old if what we want is a long-term appointment though.

Van Basten is a good shout too, and I stand by my earlier suggestions of Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer or Frank Rijkaard. All three are comparable to Laudrup in terms of being big names, and this is an important factor because when you don't have a lot of financial buying power you need something else to attract decent players. Add Jurgen Klinsmann to the list, and like others, I would be ECSTATIC if we got Joachim Low.

I had completely overlooked Manuel Pellegrini, and he's definitely a strong candidate. Like Girard and Bielsa though, I wonder if he's too old to be a long-term appointment. Realistically Laudrup is out of the equation due to the compensation figure, but that's the type of manager I'd like to see. All of the above would be better than Martinez ffs.

I still think it'll be Joe Royle though.

Last edited:
I'll tell you who I'd really, really like.

The fella in CHARGE of Basel. They've probably impressed me more than any other club in europe over the past two seasons. Play good football and he's found them some good players under the radar!
Find your own choice I found him first. :rant: i've only seen them on tv, but they play good attacking football.

No point even mentioning managers based abroad lads; our board is not forward thinking enough to look further afield than probably Finch Farm.

Pass me the bleach ffs.

And **** off Kenwright btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.