Moyes on Goals on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think none of the teams above us would take moyes you are very delusional

Man Utd : Fergie
Man City : Mancini
Arsenal : Wenger
Spurs : Harry
Chelsea : Di Matteo
Newcastle : Pardew

Based on the above, possibly Chelsea or City. Possibly. Fergie, Wenger and Harry, no way. And Newcastle wouldn't want Moyes, Pardew is doing a better version of Moyes right now to be honest.

What? It would take at least £100 million for us to reach Champions League places? Is Bill mental? I don't think we need that much work.

£20m net a year would see us competing for the top four. Moyes' ability when it comes to finding great players for small amounts would see to that. Unfortunately it's not going to happen.

We're already challenging for Top 4 based on second half of this season... With what, 6 mil net spend from January and a couple loan signings from the summer? Sign our loanees this summer, reinforce next January to keep momentum going, and we'd be challenging for Europe no problem.

as regaurds moyse with money im not to sure he sign well seems more like a bargin hunter to me with the exception of fellini most other expensive signings as i recall floped ,eg yakubu,beatie,koldrop,bily, to name a couple he does much better when on a shoe string budget

We're already challenging for Top 4 based on second half of this season... With what, 6 mil net spend from January and a couple loan signings from the summer? Sign our loanees this summer, reinforce next January to keep momentum going, and we'd be challenging for Europe no problem.

We've been here before though. Rug pulled out from under our feet over the summer due to sales and/or inability to play well at the start of the season. Back to square one.

Did you actually watch the interview ?? He made references to the long term plans he had and would have with Bill.

Besides, none of the teams above us would take him anyway, and he's not going to leave his £65k a week to go somewhere worse just so he might have a bit of money to spend.

Did you mate, he didnt, he said he had finished a five year plan and he and Bill would sit down at the end of the season and would discuss what the next five years may look like, he said he the tell tail factor of staying was wheather he could keep progressing and developing the team - i see one major flaw in that plan - here to fore known as the glass ceiling.

As for none of the teams above him taking him, i disagree tbh, he will be in the frame for the Spurs job, Chelsea could abnd have doen worse, Wenger and Ferguson wont go on forever while both are tipped to go upstairs and be involved in their succeccor selectin - have a look of what both have said about Davey. Honestly it never ceases to amaze me how much we take Davey for granted.

Did you mate, he didnt, he said he had finished a five year plan and he and Bill would sit down at the end of the season and would discuss what the next five years may look like, he said he the tell tail factor of staying was wheather he could keep progressing and developing the team - i see one major flaw in that plan - here to fore known as the glass ceiling.

As for none of the teams above him taking him, i disagree tbh, he will be in the frame for the Spurs job, Chelsea could abnd have doen worse, Wenger and Ferguson wont go on forever while both are tipped to go upstairs and be involved in their succeccor selectin - have a look of what both have said about Davey. Honestly it never ceases to amaze me how much we take Davey for granted.

Into the future, sure I can see what you are saying in regards to positions being available for teams above us in the future, I guess I was meaning right as of this moment, he wouldn't get a look in.

I'm on the fence about how he would do at a bigger club than ours, it really is crystal ball gazing to be honest! To start with, he'd have a lot more cash to play with, and better playing technically to manage. Would he branch out and keep them playing the attractive footy they do now? Who knows!

If I'm the owner of a top club in England I'm not going anywhere near a manager that has, to say the least, a limited and ropy record in Europe. A Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/United approach wont happen. Moyes cant do better than Everton. It's no coincidence he's been here ten years and counting.

If we tied up are loan deals I think we could seriously make a challenge on that top 4 with 20-30M. Problem is then sustaining it which would cost simlar every year after.

If I'm the owner of a top club in England I'm not going anywhere near a manager that has, to say the least, a limited and ropy record in Europe. A Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/United approach wont happen. Moyes cant do better than Everton. It's no coincidence he's been here ten years and counting.

I really think he can, He's been portrayed as some sort of Managing God in the media as of late, and he'll be a very real contender to replace 'arry.

I really think he can, He's been portrayed as some sort of Managing God in the media as of late, and he'll be a very real contender to replace 'arry.

Europe is the key. That's where the money is. You couldn't have a manager training on the job with one of those clubs. Villas-Boas at least won the EL before being offered Chelsea. And let's face it, when push came to shove against decent teams in Europe Moyes couldn't hack it.

In short, he gives bosses of CL involved clubs no reason to employ him.

Status
Not open for further replies.