Moyes Appreciation Thread 02-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will realise how good he was until we start to decline over the next few years. Great manager

A class act. A good manager we can be proud of who has acted with dignity during his tenure and has put in a real shift to build some credibility for our Club after the earlier darker days. He deserves a fresh challenge in pastures new.

Will miss him, My favourite everton manager of all time. I'm gutted he leaving us, though he would stay for another 10 years.

A class act. A good manager we can be proud of who has acted with dignity during his tenure and has put in a real shift to build some credibility for our Club after the earlier darker days. He deserves a fresh challenge in pastures new.

Spot on mate, will miss this the most from him.

I cant think of anyone who could keep us overachiving like he has done.

the £30mill kitty people are talking about... ha, ill believe it when i see it, most of that cash is going to the bank.

Ill be there in the Gwladys Street at the weekend, It sounds pathetic but I really will be holding back a tear or two.

Really appreciate what he has done for this club, just hope we get someone competent in. Martinez seems to conduct himself in the right way (but Wigan's perennial struggle against relegation would be a major worry)
Phil Nev... do me a favour.
Laudrup... why in the name of purplectic hell would he leave the job hes in at this time.
O'Neil...Sunderland debacle hell no (seriously though he seems like a Kenwright wavelength guy and i wouldnt be surprised)
DeMatteo... no thanks, champs league or not, he showed nothing in my opinion while at Chelsea.

oh god we are in trouble!!!!

11 Years, no one can question his loyalty IMO. He has stabilised the club and brought us regular top half finishes in the premier league and good to be above the RS for the last 2 seasons. He certainly has brought the club forward and put us in a good place. He has made us into a respectful club with a team that opponents fear. Wishing you every success in the future and all i ask is that don't feel bad about passing the occasional superstar youth player on loan to us to give them a chance! God bless you Dave.

I was actually looking forward to this summer for a change and excited about the prospect of Moyes having some cash to spend. Moyes has many strengths, but his eye for a player was certainly his best. He was quoted a few weeks back that he was encouraged with the information he was getting back RE his budget for the summer so it seems he was getting some sort "war chest". I also liked his comments that we needed to be buying younger players and the players we were linked with already was encouraging.

No matter who comes in I won't have the same confidence that that man will spend any money we have as wisely as Moyes would have.

Thanks for the memories Moyes.

Thanks for your inspired subs when the game was on a knife edge.

Thanks for turning goalscorers into players running the channels and not scoring.

Thanks for your stellar record against the top teams away from home.

Thanks for all those marvellous victories at Anfield.

Thanks for taking a 'small'club and keeping it small.

Thanks for purposefully running down your contract ensuring we'd get no compensation when in fact you already knew you had the scum job, but kept spouting ****e about reviewing the situation in the summer and having the front to be seen to be planning for next season as manager of Everton.

And of course most of all, thanks for the silverware.

Last edited:

Thanks for turning goalscorers into players running the channels and not scoring.

Thanks for purposefully running down your contract ensuring we'd get no compensation when in fact you already knew you had the scum job, but kept spouting ****e about reviewing the situation in the summer and having the front to be seen to be planning for next season as manager of Everton.

On a seperate note, should be a good cup final

Ungrateful [Poor language removed]

Completed his remit on his appointment very well. However struggled to get beyond that. Thanks for the Newcastle game that confirmed us in CL. My personal favourite memory.

He's gone far and above his remit when he was appointed. Yes, fans expectations have increased but it's because Moyes made us believe that we can do so much better than relegation fights and lower mid-table.

Left us in a much better place than he found us which is the big test.

Thanks Moyes for 11 years of fine service. Achieving 4th with a relegation threatened team minus their best player is still one of the best pieces of management I've ever seen at any club.

Let's wait before we pass judgment on that one mate

Depends who he poaches on the way out

Status
Not open for further replies.