Moyes Appreciation Thread 02-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you David Moyes for doing an outstanding job on a shoestring budget and bringing some pride back to this club.Im going to miss him.Unless we get investment we'll either go backwards or stay where we are at best.To be honest im scared right now i reckon Kenwright is going to bollox up the next managerial appointment.

Hasn't left, everything is purely rumors based on other rumors.. This thread should be closed and restarted when he's left us.

Gave us our dignity back, positioned ourselves back into contenders to the top teams, eventually built a better squad than our loveable neighbours. He practically pulled us back into the modern game we were falling away from, rebuilt us.

It needed a trophy though. That's either his fault or his hands were tied.

The people who want him out have finally got what they wanted, hope they stick around when we really are in the ****

The people who want him out have finally got what they wanted, hope they stick around when we really are in the ****
I've lost temper with Moyes this season but I'm gutted he's going. The Wigan defeat pretty much confirmed his goodbye for me, one last opportunity to win something and he decided to bottle it...again.

But I'm not scared that he's going because he's replaceable, think people overrate him too much and make him out to be some kind of genius.

He's only really kept that stability over the years and has kept us competitive for European places despite the lack of resources.

I think he will do well at United, big shoes for him to fill. He has his chance to play with the big boys at the top table now.

Good luck and all the best.

For all his flaws he really did do the best job possible, at least he knew when to play his hand and didn't run off to a team challenging for top 4, but not quite there.

Cheers for the time here though David, we couldn't expect you to stay forever.

Funny thing is this forum 2 months ago was anti Moyes and most people wanted him out after the Wigan game. Who would have thought then that he would be next manure fan

I think there's a lot to be said for the way he's conducted himself off the pitch over the last 11 years.

There hasn't been many times when you'd cringe at his press interviews like most of the manager's in the league who became myopic if there was ever an incident involving their players. He'd always call it as he saw it, he understood what Everton was about and realised what a great honour it was to manage this club.

We won't be in the ****. If what happened at Villa happens to us, then maybe. Or if Mark Hughes comes in.

Next season whoever manages us will have about a 30mill kitty to spend. That's incentive just as long as some nob ruins us.

I am convinced the niggly criticism of Moyes is just misplaced rage at our on impotence at doing anything about this ****ing abattoir of a board. Moyes has his faults. But criticising him instead of the board is like cleaning your fingernails when you've got a big lump of ****e on your forehead.

Yup...

Completed his remit on his appointment very well. However struggled to get beyond that. Thanks for the Newcastle game that confirmed us in CL. My personal favourite memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.