Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touch harsh mate, none of any of the posters have another stadium to point out that they've have a running track and the stadium hasn't been compromised.

The big issue for me is that this surely holds up the design as the city won't know if it has the games until November time and then the RT will have to be added or taken out of the equation.

Depends if the design changes if the bid is lost. If the stadium design is the same regardless then there's no need to wait, and getting a move on will be in everyone's interests.

Also, if an non-UK city wins 2022, it could be that Liverpool looks to bid for the 2026 edition instead. I wonder if EFC have been sounded out about that scenario?

duck.gif

Err, less of the "soft lad", soft lad. I would hope our mods/admin don't start throwing their virtual weight around with petty name calling, in response to their perceived use of petty name calling....

My point exactly - lets go back to the post I took issue with, and called you soft lad for;

This, however the bedwetters won't let a little dose of reality or optimism ruin their opportunity to make their sheets yellow. Again.

If you can't take it, don't give it. Who are you to call other Evertonians, bedwetters? Now, continue on your day and play nice or I'll slap you down as a soft lad.

The club haven't commented mate so I don't think anyone is calling them "liars"

I'm no expert, but I've expressed opinion. I think all fans should - it's too important an issue to sit on the fence. Opinion and strong opinion is to be expected, hence why the Mayor has released the open letter he has. He's done that, I think, to mitigate negative PR on the bid. The judges won't want to be hearing stories of fans protesting will they?

I don't think we should be belittling fans expressing that opinion, even if it's one of concern because they're not architects.

Valid concern or questions is perfectly fine and reasonable mate, but like with any topic you have people going to the extreme polar region on this instantly, and doing so with certain knowledge that 'it cant be done' when in reality 'most' won't have a clue if it's possible or feasible (myself included)

Meanwhile the one voice infinitely expert enough to comment on it is the actual architect who has said it will be built for specific football atmosphere

Without doubt on the latter point and a massive positive in that regards.

We should be compensated though, because we are renting our home out for commercial benefit of a third party. To do so for free would be awful negotiating from our club.

Imagine if someone found oil in your back garden. Would you rent your house out to them for 2 weeks, allow them to make huge revenue off the back of it, and not insist on some sharing of the rewards? Over and beyond the cosmetic changes they'd have to do to your garden? I will be very interested to know how much we will be compensated in being the key enabler of these games.

I wonder if we will be involved financially in the athletes village? Post games the buildings in the village would be converted into flats and sold.. there would be potentially a lot of money to be made. Maybe that's part of the sweetener?

I think the hope was always that we'd be in it by then. Also the running track being inserted AFTER, rather than already being hidden there is giving me hope.

I agree mate but it's one hell of a mind bend to think of a full sized running track being dumped into a four sided completed football stadium. Meis and the engineers working on this design have got their work cut out for sure.

Valid concern or questions is perfectly fine and reasonable mate, but like with any topic you have people going to the extreme polar region on this instantly, and doing so with certain knowledge that 'it cant be done' when in reality 'most' won't have a clue if it's possible or feasible (myself included)

Meanwhile the one voice infinitely expert enough to comment on it is the actual architect who has said it will be built for specific football atmosphere

I can't see how it can be done mate.

I get the "Nothing is impossible" school of thought, but I'll quote this again

Easy to say, but for the life of me, I cant see how a football ground, designed for football, can actually physically absorb the acreage of an athletics track, other than some space age design meaning stands sort of disappear some how.

Anyone telling me, or showing me examples elsewhere would be appreciated.

My point exactly - lets go back to the post I took issue with, and called you soft lad for;

If you can't take it, don't give it. Who are you to call other Evertonians, bedwetters? Now, continue on your day and play nice or I'll slap you down as a soft lad.

You're making yourself look a right beaut here, tbh. Stop trying to point score and come across as the big one. Just stick to modding and leave it at that, eh?

Temporary athletics and running tracks have been inserted in Manchester London and Newcastle for various events. It's a platform

The space is needed though Chris. When it's removed, how do you fill the void? Without the degree/angle of the seats being like we see at all stadiums that have accommodated athletics...

Status
Not open for further replies.