Maybe it's time for Neville to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
lollollol

If we accept money for the club captain in the situation we're in that tells you all you need to know about where we stand as an organisation. What a complete and utter joke if he goes.

On a personal level for him: a couple of weeks ago I'd have slagged him off for his 'professionalism' leaving us at such a time; now I just have to admit that any player in their right mind would jump this ship into a CL team.

I agree but if he wants to leave and we refuse to sell surely thats not good for the side

I personally see this as another attempt by harry tossface to destabilise a rival. He did it months ago with his comments over peanut, resulting in a very good premiership player going for not much money and now he has seen what an influence Pip is in our squad, albeit he isnt the best player but he probably improves Coleman's game and the general professionalism in the rest of the squad, and arl ballbag face can upset that balance for what must be slummies to Spurs. Feckin hate that man. With those two leaving he knows that any late season resurgence by us has been snuffed out.

I fail to see how **** faces comments resulted in Peanuts leaving for very little money(3m for someone with less than 6months left on his contract seems good to me), i think the fact he wasent offered the same as Mikel in wages and us running down his contract had a little more to do with it

I personally see this as another attempt by harry tossface to destabilise a rival. He did it months ago with his comments over peanut, resulting in a very good premiership player going for not much money and now he has seen what an influence Pip is in our squad, albeit he isnt the best player but he probably improves Coleman's game and the general professionalism in the rest of the squad, and arl ballbag face can upset that balance for what must be slummies to Spurs. Feckin hate that man. With those two leaving he knows that any late season resurgence by us has been snuffed out.

Sadly, I don't think Harry classes us as a rival right about now.....

Two choices

1. Moyes has written off this season, is going to blood some of the fringe players, build a war chest and rebuild in the summer once he's had a proper look at those players.

2. He doesn't see the money, in which case he will be off in the summer anyway.

If 2, we have real problems and will be in a relegation fight next year,

We can't really blame Redknapp in this instance,it's not a young lad starting out in his career that we are dealing with here.
Neville is the club captain, an experienced international ,an experienced profesional ,a player coming to the end of a long and profitable career.
Neville is a family man and has always lived in the north west ,if he chooses to leave it will have been a decision carefully thought through by the player.

This has been more than a rumour for a few weeks now and yet there has been no comment from Phil Neville,it is this more than anything which maybe indicates this may happen.

100% this, why sell our first teamers when none of the money goes to the manager to replace them?

Because he is really bad and hindering any real attacking play - except Coleman running at defenders - taking place on the right side of the pitch. Neville being in the squad let alone the first 11 is keeping others out. Coleman for RB, and Rodwell, Arteta, Osman or even Anichebe could easily play the RM until we get someone in.

If we got an offer of £2-3 m. for a 34 year old we would be crazy to turn it down.

Because he is really bad and hindering any real attacking play - except Coleman running at defenders - taking place on the right side of the pitch. Neville being in the squad let alone the first 11 is keeping others out. Coleman for RB, and Rodwell, Arteta, Osman or even Anichebe could easily play the RM until we get someone in.

If we got an offer of £2-3 m. for a 34 year old we would be crazy to turn it down.

Yes very fair point it would be a very tempting offer as he hasnt had the best of seasons either, just don't like the thought of arry using us as a team that is easy pickings for players.

What is it with Redknapp?! He's already relieved us of a quality player for a ridiculously low sum, he can keep his grubby mits off our captain the wobbly faced tit.

Yes very fair point it would be a very tempting offer as he hasnt had the best of seasons either, just don't like the thought of arry using us as a team that is easy pickings for players.

I don't blame Harry one bit, if he thinks we have some players that he would like he makes his interest known it is the players who don't commit either way that I don't like. Media-Neville has been awfully quite since Spurs became interested.

For me Everton have to tell Spurs to **** off, read whatMoyes has said about Neville and what he has brought to the club, when he is no longer worth his place in the team [personally i still think he is], I expect him to move in to our coaching set up

Neville is too smart to go to spurs. He's an Evertonian fellas.

Just wait for a few more weeks and see how Pienaar gets flushed away from his peak at spurs cos that's what you do when you join spurs...you make a stupid mistake.

i say no, Pip is the capt and at times and im loathed to say it, we`ve missed him as a leader on the pitch
we have no other leader on the pitch as far as i`ve seen

Status
Not open for further replies.