Maybe it's time for Neville to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravaro

Player Valuation: £750k
I see Spurs are again being linked with Phil Neville.

He has been a great servant to the club, a fine captain and ambassador. However his performances this season have not been up to scratch and teams seem to be targetting our right side more and more. Consider the first goal on Saturday as an example.

If Harry is really willing to throw another £3m in our direction then I believe it is time for a parting of the ways. What about a swap for Naughton or Hutton?

Someone will of course have to step up and show some leadership at GP, but I would have thought any one of Baines, Jags, Cahill, Distin or Arteta could do the job.

If a decent offer came in circa £3m then he has to be sold. He is 34 now and isn't the best footballer so it would be crazy to turn a decent offer down.
I know he is verbal and a good leader but when Cahill returns im sure he can take over the mantle.

I see Spurs are again being linked with Phil Neville.

He has been a great servant to the club, a fine captain and ambassador. However his performances this season have not been up to scratch and teams seem to be targetting our right side more and more. Consider the first goal on Saturday as an example.

If Harry is really willing to throw another £3m in our direction then I believe it is time for a parting of the ways. What about a swap for Naughton or Hutton?

Someone will of course have to step up and show some leadership at GP, but I would have thought any one of Baines, Jags, Cahill, Distin or Arteta could do the job.

If we could get a swap for Hutton id do the deal, but if its for straight up cash then no because it will get "lost" in the books again

I don't want to see him go. People forget about the balance he brings to the squad and the fact that this is a team game, not a bunch of indiviuals. Unfortunatly people will draw unfair comparisons with Baines, even though there games are totally different.

For me having a defensive minded fullback opposite an attack minded full back makes perfect sense to me, offering defensive support and security. If we played to out and out attacking fullbacks then we'd get ripped apart even more than we do.

Neville still has a big part to play for us and I would certainly not want to see him leave. Not yet anyway.

I don't want to see him go. People forget about the balance he brings to the squad and the fact that this is a team game, not a bunch of indiviuals. Unfortunatly people will draw unfair comparisons with Baines, even though there games are totally different.

For me having a defensive minded fullback opposite an attack minded full back makes perfect sense to me, offering defensive support and security. If we played to out and out attacking fullbacks then we'd get ripped apart even more than we do.

Neville still has a big part to play for us and I would certainly not want to see him leave. Not yet anyway.

I agree with all of this. However, if we accept that this season is effectively over, we have Hibbert with Coleman for cover and the fee/lack of wages could go towards the summer war chest.

True, but I don't think we can afford to lose Coleman from midfield and I think that keeping Neville, at least until summer, is of a greater benefit than selling him now. Just think of the effect selling the club captain mid-season would have on the rest of the squad.

So we sell him, then Moyes doesn't get the money to spend and our squad gets even weaker.

[video=youtube;UMRo5XCKddQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRo5XCKddQ[/video]

Unless someone told me Srna was coming in as his replacement.............

I think his head is with spurs, he hasnt played well recently, and he hasnt come out with his usual weekly rant since the story first ran, actually hasnt said a peep so I think his head is gone there, if it is he has to be sold, as its not good for the team,
The way it is going, we are going to have a lot of holes in the squad end of season, and we would need serious funding to addres the gaps that are appearing

If a decent offer came in circa £3m then he has to be sold. He is 34 now and isn't the best footballer so it would be crazy to turn a decent offer down.
I know he is verbal and a good leader but when Cahill returns im sure he can take over the mantle.
THIS.

Put Coleman at RB, and Either Osman, Rodwell or even ARteta as RM.

:lol::lol::lol:

If we accept money for the club captain in the situation we're in that tells you all you need to know about where we stand as an organisation. What a complete and utter joke if he goes.

On a personal level for him: a couple of weeks ago I'd have slagged him off for his 'professionalism' leaving us at such a time; now I just have to admit that any player in their right mind would jump this ship into a CL team.

I personally see this as another attempt by harry tossface to destabilise a rival. He did it months ago with his comments over peanut, resulting in a very good premiership player going for not much money and now he has seen what an influence Pip is in our squad, albeit he isnt the best player but he probably improves Coleman's game and the general professionalism in the rest of the squad, and arl ballbag face can upset that balance for what must be slummies to Spurs. Feckin hate that man. With those two leaving he knows that any late season resurgence by us has been snuffed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.