Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking that.

I think if he goes to a Pl club he's going to be fighting for a place when what's best is week in, week out game time - like Coleman got at Blackpool.

Dave, are you still going to hate him so much even when in a few years he could be our first choice LB?

Come on Dave give him a break don't let past events sour you.

...if anyone will take him in the PL.

Personally I think we'll see him loaned to a Championship club where he'll get guaranteed starts every game.
I'm really hoping we can arrange a loan deal to a Premier League club that'll make him their first choice and I'm not gonna act like I've got any knowledge on the left back situations only the newly premoted sides or most of the relegation battlers.

If we can only find a Championship club then that's all we can do but I just feel it isn't a big enough forward step.

Still really happy he's re-signed though!

Have not seen any RM chat, today, where is it? do you have a link?

But what is YOUR response? never mind what RM says.
Martinez seems to indicate that there's been no interest from Pl clubs to take him and that, in any case, he'd be better off getting a lot of games under his belt. I agree with that.

Overall, I'm glad he's signed a long term contract. It means that if he ever makes it as a starting XI player then he's going to fetch a good fee in the future.

Martinez seems to indicate that there's been no interest from Pl clubs to take him and that, in any case, he'd be better off getting a lot of games under his belt. I agree with that.

Overall, I'm glad he's signed a long term contract. It means that if he ever makes it as a starting XI player then he's going to fetch a good fee in the future.

Interesting snippet from Matt Hughes in The Times yesterday:

The left back, 22, signed a new five-year deal at Goodison Park last month after rejecting the opportunity to speak to Liverpool when his previous contract expired.

Anyone else get onto this? Matt Hughes may be so far up Chelsea's back passage that the lump in Abramovich's throat is said writer's nose, however he is generally pretty neutral where his coverage of us is concerned. The Times does not tend to print guff either.

Status
Not open for further replies.