Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek. Dave I certainly thought that he was leaving and I didn't think it would have been an enormous loss. I agree with you that there were times when he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut.

However, he is a young English product of our academy and I am glad he is staying.
It would have been a very difficult decision for him as he simply cannot afford to be sitting on an Everton bench for two or three seasons. He needs to play.
If there are get out clauses in his contract relating to non playing then that is understandable.
He obviously believes in his own ability , he is the current England under 21 left back so me must be in consideration at international level. He now needs to prove in domestic football that he is good enough.

But still a very positive result for the club.

It would be a remarkable feat if Everton supplied both the England left back for the Euro's AND the reserve Left back too - fantasy land!!

I wonder where he is going on loan? Now Bournemouth have signed Mings I can't see him going there

If he goes on loan we need a early chance of recall, with the injury problems we have had there! imo Baines was playing not 100% fit at times!

Yeah when he had that operation towards the end of the season Martinez said he'd been playing with an ankle problem for a while now.

If he goes on loan we need a early chance of recall, with the injury problems we have had there! imo Baines was playing not 100% fit at times!
No club would agree to that if its a prem side he goes too. Plus im more than comfortable with Baines, oviedo and Galloway if needs be, even barry has played there plenty of times

A player should earn his games, a manager hand shouldnt be forced to give game time to satisfy a clause in a contract.
Spot on.

Furthermore, it looks like no PL club will be interested in acquiring his services if Bournemouth aren't fussy, so get him out to a Brentford or Derby.

Romelu Lukgarbutt

Romelu%20Lukgarbutt_zpsiqw5r2hj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.