Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very good last night. Held it up well, won several flick-ons (!), made a couple of decent runs with possession and showed some good link up play. In addition, the one time he was given a good ball he put it in the back of the net.

If that kind of performance becomes consistent he'll more than justify his cost.

he did miss a bit of a sitter earlier on that nearly ended up being a penalty tbh

Romelu the Blue Nosed striker

Rom-e-lu Lu-ka-ku
used to play out on loan.
And if you ever saw him,
you'd say he felt right at home.

Mou-rin-ho at Chelsea
used to laugh and call him names.
That Portuguese [Poor language removed]
used to give Torres games.

Then one busy deadline day
Bobby came to say:
"Rom we'll pay you right,
if you come to Goodison tonight"

All the Evertonians loved him
as they shouted out with glee,
"Rom-e-lu Lu-ka-ku -
best striker in the country."

Last edited:
Romelu the Blue Nosed striker

Rom-e-lu Lu-ka-ku
used to play out on loan.
And if you ever saw him,
you'd say he felt right at home.

Mou-rin-ho at Chelsea
used to laugh and call him names.
That Portuguese [Poor language removed]
used to give Torres games.

Then one busy deadline day
Bobby came to say:
"Rom we'll pay you right,
if you come to Goodison tonight"

All the Evertonians loved him
as they shouted out with glee,
"Rom-e-lu Lu-ka-ku -
best striker in the country."

Love it.

Am I lone dissenting voice in considering him our worst player this season? I tear my hair out watching him, inept by any standards, yet when you marry it with that transfer fee... why? why?! We should have spent it so much better. If this is just a bad run of form then it's one hell of an extended one because it really has felt like every or almost every game from the start of the season to tonight he's been rubbish. Is it just me?

Am I lone dissenting voice in considering him our worst player this season? I tear my hair out watching him, inept by any standards, yet when you marry it with that transfer fee... why? why?! We should have spent it so much better. If this is just a bad run of form then it's one hell of an extended one because it really has felt like every or almost every game from the start of the season to tonight he's been rubbish. Is it just me?
worst player of the season? you mr are a right silly-billy

Pipe down you absolute weapon.

Yes, and you're a idiot for thinking he is.

It really is just you.

We've needed a centre forward since Yakubu's one golden season, and they're not cheap. Have a look at the pitch map of where he touched the ball today and you will see how crap his service is.

Won everything in the air today and did ok when dropping deep, problem i have is he drifts wide a bit to much, would like him to stay in the box and occupy there CBs

It really is just you.

We've needed a centre forward since Yakubu's one golden season, and they're not cheap. Have a look at the pitch map of where he touched the ball today and you will see how crap his service is.
Yes, but that's not a proper assessment of good service is it - if you're telling me contemporary strikers are expensive, then I'm telling you the best of them are also expected to do more than merely finish. Just because he gets it in some unfavourable position - haven't looked at the heatmap yet - doiesn't mean the rest of the team are failing him, it should be called getting involved in the build-up. Say, for example, there's a hypothetical goal that happens after 10 passes, right? And the 10th pass is cross/cutback/through ball that goes straight to Lukaku for him to smash it in, but pass #6 of that move is for Lukaku but into feet with his back to goal; if he lays the ball back then spins round the move carries on and it comes back to him to score. Now, almost every time he gets at #6 he gives the ball away and the move breaks down. We'll never know if the team could have set him up with more goals.

Yakubu, for the record, had superb link-up play and was really good on the ball.

We either need to go out and find him a proper partner or we have to start providing him with options once we get the ball up to him. It's all good and well making him the focal point of the attack but it's hard not to feel he is a little wasted at times. He's a cracking player and will only get better the older he gets but he lacks the aggression of say a Diego Costa for us to have him so isolated for long periods of the game.

We either need to go out and find him a proper partner or we have to start providing him with options once we get the ball up to him. It's all good and well making him the focal point of the attack but it's hard not to feel he is a little wasted at times. He's a cracking player and will only get better the older he gets but he lacks the aggression of say a Diego Costa for us to have him so isolated for long periods of the game.
yeah, but that's the infuriating thing, all he needs to do is lay it off to someone, he's normally surrounded by blue shirts, but he'll trip over his own feet instead. Recalling Arsenal last year the second goal, he did pretty well running on his own without options.

Status
Not open for further replies.