Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 year old old Paddy [Poor language removed] McNair had him in his back pocket. Disgraceful. Needs to sort his [Poor language removed] out.
The support to him is [Poor language removed], he's on his own up there. I think he's still [Poor language removed] from the World Cup he doesn't look fit enough, wait till Ross is up and running then hopefully we'll see the best of rom, them 2 on the counter attack are unstoppable

I think he needs to be dropped ... I think kone would of gave there back line. Ore to worry about am with the comments about barkley ..untill he comes back we don't have that abilty to rip teams apart like last season

All well and good, but he did cost £28m which should put him in the same bracket as Rooney, Van Persie, Diego Costa etc.
At the moment he looks to be nowhere near as good as any of these players. Add to that that he also looks unfit, I would suggest that he needs to sack his personal chef and start taking his training even more seriously.
Having a personal chef doesn't mean he's committed, it means he is a greedy fatty.

Im sure we would all like our own personal chef.

Its all fine and good people say we are not creating anything for him, but Naismith doesnt seem to be having any problems making smart runs and getting in the right areas, even when hes playing as our attacking mid. So maybe Lukakus movement just isn't good enough to pull teams back or offer an option for a through ball?

This is spot on.

He was awful at the world cup and some clubs lost interest in him.
Since the start of the season he has looked tired and leggy.
Martinez needs to toughen up and manage him if that means leaving him out then get it done.
He lacks desire and hunger at the mo.
Start with Samuel and stop putting rom on the right wing ffs

Its the right wing thats the problem. It worked against Arsenal. Thats it. He needs to use his frame to bully defenders left/right/center. He's not a finesse player, he's a bull in a china shop player. Knock them to the ground when you get the ball, push them around. Use the frame that you have a genetic advantage over almost any other player.

But no, he's out wide.

Ridiculous comments about Lukaku, his "lack of form" for me is tactical.

Still 20+ goals a season - people seem to forget our fixtures have been massively tough since the start of the year, its been hard to build momentum, im quite happy we have walked away with draws VS Arsenal and Norway - though we should have beaten that shower.

It's clear he's far better meeting the ball with his face to goal instead of back to goal as he has an atrocious -- most of the time -- first touch. He needs to get on the end of crosses whipped in by pacy wingers or receive through balls that let him run straight on goal. Trouble is, right now we don't have anyone who can play those sorts of passes with regularity. With Mirallas and Barkley out, McGeady and Atsu have pace, but little else, Pienaar is simply too slow and Osman is too old and lightweight to play 90 minutes in the middle any more. When your best players at getting past defenders out wide and crossing into the box are your two fullbacks, that's a serious problem. One that's exacerbated with Hibbert in for Coleman. The imminent returns of Coleman, Barkley and McCarthy should help a bit, as might playing Oviedo on the left side of midfield, but we seriously need to look at adding skilled wingers in the January window.

The support to him is [Poor language removed], he's on his own up there. I think he's still [Poor language removed] from the World Cup he doesn't look fit enough, wait till Ross is up and running then hopefully we'll see the best of rom, them 2 on the counter attack are unstoppable
The problem is our wide players aren't good enough in the box apart from mirralas
Pienaar is not good enough for a top 4 club
Can't believe some fans rave about him and how important he is to the team
I know it's a game of opinions but just look at Osman don't get me wrong I'm not an Osman fan
But he had 2 efforts on goal in the last 10 minutes yesterday
Pienaar scores about 2 goals a season and about the same assist
Not good enough for the system we play
He's slow never gets behind the defence and is never at the back post when we attack from the right
But because him and baines play a few fancy one two's he's great
Also he's now weak as piss and on his arse for most of the game
Don't rate mcgeady either not sure what his goal record was in Russia or Scotland but don't think it was that good
And if you can't score in the Scottish prem your not scoring many in the epl
We need a mirralas mark 11
I would give Oviedo a go I just think the lad has got a brain and doesn't panic around to box and can use both feet
I know it's not ideal
But he can't do any worse than the 2 I've mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.