Loan watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith would play ahead of both Hope and Long though, and it would be incredibly unfortunate if we lost him, Eto'o and Lukaku to injury before Kone found his way from the treatment table. Those odds seem very low to me, and you'd imagine we could always recall them from their loan if such misfortune did befall us.

Exactly, better they get a run of games than waiting around on the bench or in the U21s.

Long and Hope are at that stage that concerns Martinez and Wenger and why they want a B team. They need experience and competitive football so that means sending them out on loan. Downside is they're then at the mercy of another manager. Think Barkley with Warnock for example.

BBC live text:

Blackpool 0-0 Cardiff

Posted at24 mins

In terms of young English talent on display tonight I have to say it's John Lundstram for Blackpool who has caught my eye ahead of Ravel Morrison so far. The Everton youngster, on loan here at Blackpool, has been confident on the ball, and is seemingly not afraid to get stuck in either.

Good stuff!

Blackpool have had a torrid start to the season and understandably taken a while to get going. Got their first win of the season (1-0) at the weekend and by all reports Lundstram played really well. Hope it keeps up for him and the team.

He's played very nearly 50 senior games now. To put it into context. John Stones has also played 50 senior games. It looks likely that the lad will have a pro career of some kind for sure, hopefully he'll keep progressing and do something with us.

Keep Long here , he is going to be needed, plenty of movement in him and not afraid to get stuck in, will not be
over awed and there will be and end product in terms of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.