• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree, ecstatic with the goal but we shouldn't let that gloss over a poor performance. We've got higher standards these days and if that wonder goal hadn't of crashed in there would be serious amounts of fume on here.

The amount of times we had the ball in good positions and just slowed it down and ended up giving it away was ridiculous. No doubt the Redshite will come away thinking they should of won that but for me any kind of decent performance from us would of seen us win.
They were unimpressive too. We sat deep and they never really opened us up (maybe once in each half).

If we'd had Mirallas all game plus Coleman and Barkley playing deep like that we'd have won that game in some comfort, I'd say.

Well it wasn't a classic, by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't think we played our best football today but we certainly defended well, and managed to weather the storm in those frantic opening fifteen minutes and composed ourselves.

I'm most annoyed about the fact they were awarded that free kick, which they went on to score from. For me this sums up why we haven't won at the pit in 15 years (it's got nothing to do with our mentality). There was a clear (clearer than clear) foul on Barry just before it, the referee was not paying attention or daydreaming or something and so completely ignores it, play continues and then they get a soft free kick. Regardless of whether you think Baines fouled Balotelli, play should have been stopped, they shouldn't have had a free kick, full stop. In a tight, nervy game, it's those little things that give you an advantage, and we never get them, and that is what prevents us from winning these games. I bet MOTD edit this out tonight, or at least completely gloss over it. Just such a shame, because we defended resolutely throughout the game, and that last minute screamer could have been a smash and grab winner and not just an equaliser.

We got squat all day from the referee, as per usual, the vast majority of 50/50s went their way, and the ref bottled our early penalty shout, despite being more than happy to brandish an early yellow against Barry moments before with hesitation. It's just typical really, I don't think we played great, but I'd love to go there one day and just get some fair treatment, doesn't seem a lot to ask for.

Oh yeah and lol at the Kopites in the pub were I was watching it cheering when Mirrallas pulls his hamstring, what sort of disgusting people are these? They never cease to infuriate me in new ways.

Personnel-wise, I liked Martinez's formation, he was obviously forced to play Hibbert, but the choice to bring in Besic was a good one I thought. McGeady for me was the biggest let down, can't wait for Pienaar to be back, as he will keep McGeady out of the team or make him step up a gear. I thought Martinez waited far too long to make the Eto'o change, and I also thought that Lukaku should have been moved back into the centre after 60 minutes, but other than that it was a good game plan and we were just let down in the final third of the pitch.

The game was essentially a stalemate, whilst they had much more clear chances, we defended well and stayed composed. Thought we just lacked in the final third today, Mirrallas coming off killed our pace on the break.

Today we witnessed the greatest goal ever scored before the Kop. Scored by Evertons Captain. Our Captain. Not yours you Red gits. In your face you happy slapping thug you. Not too bothered by performance. We've played better and lost this season. Defence was an improvement. Even Hibbo was ok. Browning looks a prospect eh lads? Had Kev stayed on I'd have fancied us to win that. We will improve. No Coleman, Barkley, Mirallas, Atsu, Kone or Pienaar. Get in Jags!!! Love it.

Today we witnessed the greatest goal ever scored before the Kop. Scored by Evertons Captain. Our Captain. Not yours you Red gits. In your face you happy slapping thug you. Not too bothered by performance. We've played better and lost this season. Defence was an improvement. Even Hibbo was ok. Browning looks a prospect eh lads? Had Kev stayed on I'd have fancied us to win that. We will improve. No Coleman, Barkley, Mirallas, Atsu, Kone or Pienaar. Get in Jags!!! Love it.

Imagine for one second that that goal was the winner

Well at least it's proven again that kopites are deluded everywhere on earth. Having a discussion on a Dutch internet forum and they are all fuming over the penalty not given against Barry and that he should've been sent off. What about the foul on Lukaku I asked? It was outside the box came the reply. You should never have gotten that free kick where Gerrard scored from. The reply, you're just bitter.lollollol

...after the game they were still focused on the City and Chelsea results. Not sure if its optimism or delusion but they think they will be in the mix with those two.

£100m and several new players bought
9 points behind Chelsea after 6 games

Progress
Kappa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.