Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appart'City Lille - Euralille.

I'm honestly struggling to cope with waiting for this trip to happen! Never been to a European away before and never been to France.

I've been to one, Nuremburg, and it was the best away ever. Then in France I've lived in Lille, Montpellier, Bordeaux and spent a month in Paris....Lille is the best of those by miles. Love it. Cannot wait!!

SCENES

Did you guys use your home address or a french one when booking the tickets? I'll be printing them off like but don't want Lille to get suspicious if i use a UK address.

Did you guys use your home address or a french one when booking the tickets? I'll be printing them off like but don't want Lille to get suspicious if i use a UK address.

I used my UK address when registering and buying the tickets and then went into my account and changed the address that of the hotel we are staying at in Lille.

Booked last Thursday and Money was taken out of my account yesterday, so I think its all cool.

Karmeliet is a great beer

Don't like Karmeliet, too much sugar.

Is there a particular Beer that we can't leave without trying ?

In most of Lille bars and pubs, you will find many belgian beers on draught : Leffe, Jupiler, Karmeliet, Hommelbier and many more and sometimes some bars have a rare belgian beer you can't find elsewhere. It's really hard to recommend you only one beer, it depends. In Lille, we don't have a very local beer that you can find everywhere (like in Germany where you will find Holsten in Hamburg, Beck's in Bremen, DAB in Dortmund, etc.).
Lille was a huge brewing center 30 or 40 years ago but most of the breweries closed or were bought by some international companies (Pelforth by Heineken, etc.).
But we still have some small local breweries who makes great artisanal beers like Moulins d'Ascq, L'Angélus, 3 Monts, Bellerose, Blonde d'Esquelbecq, Anosteké, etc.
The problem is that it's very rare to find them on draught. Usually, people here drink them in king size bottles (75cl) that you share with your pals (like a bottle of wine).

Like this :

mouliins_d_ascq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.