Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

For all of those getting the Eurostar from Kings Cross, or those in London getting other modes of transport such as the ID Bus like ourselves ...
The Northumberland is less than 5 minutes walk from the station and does all beers up until 8pm for just £2.60

Just a thought, mostly for car goers, is the motorway from Calais too Lille a toll ? I've heard there expensive

Think it's around €20 so split between a car isn't much

No Toll on that road, head towards Dunkirk then the motorway heads toward Lille. Look for directions on Michelin they highlight speed cameras as "dangerous stretch of road" as camera detectors and showing them on maps and sat navs is illegal.

You do need to have

High Vis vests for each passenger
Warning Triangle
Set of Bulbs (tesco do a set for a fiver)
Spare specs if you wear them

They do check brits if they pull you over and its on the spot fines.

Oh yeah

Headlight deflectors if driving at night
Both parts of license
Car Log book
Insurance docs

they got rid of the breathalysers law i.e. carrying 2 at all times, but apparently when it was in force they would just force you to buy them off them.
Worth checking your cover with your insurance as well as will probs only be Third Party over there even if fully comp here, I paid about £26 to get it as fully comp for 2 weeks.

Oh and a breathalyser,just incase the police one is broken.

Straight up, just read it

they abolished that law, didn't last long.

You had to have 2 so that if you had a drink you could test yourself, you had to have 2 but 1 could be a used one.

The sat nav with camera alerts, I said prev. that I know someone that got a €90 fine and it was in the glove box not turned on

they abolished that law, didn't last long.

You had to have 2 so that if you had a drink you could test yourself, you had to have 2 but 1 could be a used one.

The sat nav with camera alerts, I said prev. that I know someone that got a €90 fine and it was in the glove box not turned on

Yeah the sat nav one is true. They can also confiscate your sat nav. Seriously.

That breathalyser law was stupid cos they didn't make enough of them, so every pharmacy sold out and then nobody could obey the law. Plus nobody knew wtf to do with them anyway!

But yeah they fine you and might confiscate your sat nav and refuse to give it back if you're not careful.
But don't worry cos an English plate through a French camera shouldn't get you a ticket. OR just don't speed :)
There's one on the motorway on a big bridge as you exit Calais to the north, other than that there's not till Lille ringroad, unless theyve added new ones.
Lille ringroad has hundreds of them btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.