Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying lets spend beyond our means (which Leeds, and Portsmouth both did). Just that it's not as if the board have found the money from somewhere to fund it. We're only paying a couple of million upfront by the sounds of it and the rest will be funded by the massive income from BT's tv deal.

Of course they've found the money to fund it. The fact that it's not all up front is irrelevant, they've committed to spending the cash & been savvy enough to negotiate a deal that suits the club.

It doesn't change what we need moving forwards but I don't see how you can have a pop for delivering a 10M euro player ffs.

If we get him, the club catering arm HAVE to start a new line of burgers bearing his name. The sales will pay for the player. Like Ronaldo's shirt sales for Real Madrid etc. Guaranteed.

Every match we'll literally sell millions of fer burgers.

Almost too late - there is a famous Burger shop in Queenstown NZ called Fergburgers - they are very tasty :)

TRANSLATION:
I was surprised about the interest Everton had in me. But it's always a nice next step to go to the Premier League, for myself, for my qualities. Everton has always been a very nice club to go to, so very pleased they went for me. A bit earlier than I expected to be honest. I'm a box-to-box player so that fits good in England.

They came faster than expected, because I only expected to go in the summer in the earliest.

[reporter asks: with Twente you can go for titles, with Everton that'll be a bit harder]

Yes sure, but it's still the Premier League and Everton always plays for the European spots. And as I said, nice club.

[about the transfer price, 10 mil euro]

Yes, but I didn't set that, that's between the two clubs. I don't feel pressure because of that price tag. But I'm proud that I have that kind of price tag set on me.

[reporter asks what Moyes expects of him]

I haven't spoken to the trainer yet, but I hope to play.

[about the purchase of his horse: 'they like jumping horses in England']

Yeah, maybe I'll buy a new one there!

When was that interview done mate?

TRANSLATION:
I was surprised about the interest Everton had in me. But it's always a nice next step to go to the Premier League, for myself, for my qualities. Everton has always been a very nice club to go to, so very pleased they went for me. A bit earlier than I expected to be honest. I'm a box-to-box player so that fits good in England.

They came faster than expected, because I only expected to go in the summer in the earliest.

[reporter asks: with Twente you can go for titles, with Everton that'll be a bit harder]

Yes sure, but it's still the Premier League and Everton always plays for the European spots. And as I said, nice club.

Yes, but I didn't set that, that's between the two clubs. I don't feel pressure because of that price tag. But I'm proud that I have that kind of price tag set on me.

Wow, Moyes didn't even talk to him yet? I'm a bit surprised

TRANSLATION:

Thanks a lot mate, much obliged.

My mate's just text me and said Arsenal are in for Leroy now, someone please tell me this isn't true.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight until I see Leroy holding aloft the blue shirt.

Of course they've found the money to fund it. The fact that it's not all up front is irrelevant, they've committed to spending the cash & been savvy enough to negotiate a deal that suits the club.

It doesn't change what we need moving forwards but I don't see how you can have a pop for delivering a 10M euro player ffs.

Im not having a 'pop' specifically, just not being deluded that this all their handywork. The BT money is like a gift, should i be praising the board for not putting it in their pocket? I dont think so.

Entitled to your opinion ofcourse, I just refuse to sugarcoat it and pretend that they've done something to get that money free, when it's extra money coming in anyway. Im over the moon that we've brought in a decent CM, just not thinking it's perfect all of a sudden. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.