leightons done his phalange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked a bit stale recently, maybe the time out will do him and us some good.

I totally agree. He has played so much football over the past few years that he definitely needs a break. I remember Alex Ferguson giving Scholes a winter break one season and it worked well. Baines has been the fulcrum on the side for too long, but luckily now we have so many more options. A few weeks out will allow him to rest and hopefully come back for new year in great shape.

The guy needs some time out. We always seem to put a bit of a run together when he's out of the team for some reason so I'm not too worried. Hope his flange gets better.

Hasn't Baines been more or less ever present for years? When was this run we put together?

So it is 3 players out now injured, With surely 3-4 players close to a suspension. All we need is a card happy ref next week and the reserves will be getting a run out before long.

Hasn't Baines been more or less ever present for years? When was this run we put together?

So it is 3 players out now injured, With surely 3-4 players close to a suspension. All we need is a card happy ref next week and the reserves will be getting a run out before long.

Correct - he's missed 12 league games in 6 seasons - so we've never really had to cope without him for huge stretches

There was that period towards the end of the 2011/12 season (clutches straws a little tighter). Distin filled in and we seemed to do okay then.

Think I may have invented a few Baines injury spells in my head to be honest. Apologies.

I'm quite interested to see how we play without Baines. Personally I think we will be fine its just who we replace him with in the side or whether Martinez will change the formation to 3 at the back or 5 as it sometimes is.

I really hope we don't go 3 at the back, although Moyes did that last year against Stoke and it worked. But I think against the likes of United and Arsenal the risk is too high. Perhaps Distin at LB and Stones next to Jags?

I really hope we don't go 3 at the back, although Moyes did that last year against Stoke and it worked. But I think against the likes of United and Arsenal the risk is too high. Perhaps Distin at LB and Stones next to Jags?

Think I would prefer a straight replacement in there rather than messing other positions about also besides there is nowt wrong with Baines, did you see him celebrating our third goal, he was jumping about like a true blue supporter :)

Probably a conspiracy theory here but do you think the inury is played up at all? IT seemed odd MArtinez trying to ward off United's advances for Baines he said there will be a new contract, then after the window shut the contract was off the table again. Now Baines is injured anywhere between 10 days and 6 weeks? For a fracture that is to me anyway a very odd estimate of time, could be back next week or january?

What if Baines is hurt sure but not that bad, make the story up and off he goes nice and fresh in Jaunary. Wouldn't be the first time a player was 'injured'. Remember Piennar was injured for ages and the club didn't even come out and say why?

Sad that he's out but good that others will get their chance. We're not as dependent on him these days and I don't see this a s being a huge problem. Now if this was in our ginger era, it would've floored us!

Status
Not open for further replies.