Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leighton still has to win a cup with Everton, and score a goal in a derby.

If he manages these feats, he will surely attain legend status at Everton.

So tempted to vault this thread and find the posts stating Leighton was defo going as he hadn't signed a contract.

Certain people on twitter are going to look a bit daft when he signs on the dotted line.

Keeping hold of our best players is not something we've been able to do too often over the years.

So for that thought I'm happy to be an Evertonian today.

I hope we look back on this deal in future years and say "This was the moment where we decided that we wouldn't sell, no matter who came knocking."

Leighton still has to win a cup with Everton, and score a goal in a derby.

If he manages these feats, he will surely attain legend status at Everton.

I am not sure that one needs to do either or both of those things to become a club "legend".

For those of us whom were young gadabouts in the '70s and into the early '80s, Big Bob is high up the "legend" ladder and he never won a trophy with us nor score in a derby.

So tempted to vault this thread and find the posts stating Leighton was defo going as he hadn't signed a contract.

Certain people on twitter are going to look a bit daft when he signs on the dotted line.

If moyes hadn't been struggling so badly at united that he dare not bring another ex everton player in mate do you honestly think baines was gonna re sign if united would have came back in?

If moyes hadn't been struggling so badly at united that he dare not bring another ex everton player in mate do you honestly think baines was gonna re sign if united would have came back in?

Disagree. I think utd fans and club would have been very happy. Fellaini, as good as he is, was widely understood as a desperation signing whereas Baines makes total sense.

They've been after him for over a year and a half, if he wanted the move he could have just said so at any time and we'd have no other option. Player power is everything.

Disagree. I think utd fans and club would have been very happy. Fellaini, as good as he is, was widely understood as a desperation signing whereas Baines makes total sense.

Thing is, LB is hardly their worst position for them, as Evra is still a very good player imo.

Thats not the impression i got when i was browsing Redcafe once. They didn't want Baines and Evra was still a decent left back. Although i did view this about 12 months ago when the media was linking them together for a tenner.

You can't forget his abilities from free kicks and his perfect penalty scoring record. That'll be enough for any club to have someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.