Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our most consistent performers, although it must be his turn for a long term injury soon, surely?

Also a very keen gardner, which can only be a good thing. I heard his Gertrude Jekyll roses were very highly regarded last year.

I have to admit though, I was amazed the first time I saw him that he was white. Never judge a book by it's.....erm... name.

Brings a lot to our game. I like him a lot. Would much rather him in South Africa than Bridge.

His defending isn't great, but it's not terrible. But He should never EVER take any set pieces.

I'm watching the Semi Final from last April, Baines scores the first penalty, how quickly the memory fades, easy to forget amid all the mayhem that was going on.

Just see this out, can't wait for Jagielka to step up.

a wonderful afternoon that seemed to go on forever.

Positives:

1.Hard working,committed
2.Attacking
3.Reliable
4.Lots of stamina
5.Young,so has to get better
6.English
7.Boyhood evertonian

Negatives:

1.can't get past his man on his own
2.Poor setpieces
3.Sometimes when desperately needed,puts a poor ball in with a low trajectory

3.Sometimes when desperately needed,puts a poor ball in with a low trajectory

Jayzus. We're scraping the barrel a bit here. Although now I think of it, sometimes he runs too fast for me to get a decent photo on my phone. Tony Hibbert never causes me such problems.

One of our best but most underated players, is a massive outlet and drive within the team.

I think we would really struggle if he was out of the team.

He and Pienaar and the footballing left side equivelant of Blitzkrieg.

I think trying him on the wing wouldn't be a bad idea (Maybe just swap him there in games we are winning comfortably) just to see what happens. Although obviously he would need to improve his crossing as it's fairly inconsistent to say the least

Baines - Pienaar - Fellaini - Osman - Donovan For the 5 man Midfield with Pienaar and Osman making the cutting runs, Fellaini holding.

Although, we would need another LB to take Baines place when he switches upfront.

Baines is a great player and one of our unsung hero's. When you compare him to the likes of Gary Naysmith and the great Neil Pointon you realise he is the best leftback we have had at the club since Pat Van Den Hauwe IMO.

How many times do you see Leighton taking responsibility, receiving the ball, cutting inside taking someone on and starting a move? ******* loads. He's absolutely brilliant for us, one of the few modern full backs in the league. His set pieces are nowhere near as bad as people say either, we used to score a lot from them.

An absolute [Poor language removed] player, if I ever saw one. A poor man's Hibbert really. Sould be nowhere near the first team, or the reserves. Sell him at the first opportunity.(n)

*Just kidding of course, integral part of Moyesies team.lol

Personally i feel he should play on the wing instead of in defense - he struggles to get back after a forward run meaning a cb has to cover, leaving his position open
It's not humanly possible to be in 2 places at the same time on football pitch, it's the reason why the cover from DM or CB does exist. The same way is done by Barcelona to cover Alves, by Inter to cover Maicon, etc and nobody there does think that their attacking minded full backs should play further on the pitch.
Also Baines doesn't have a technique to play in midfield, he is at his best when attacking into open space.

Status
Not open for further replies.