League of love (and hate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Newcastle as a club & partly the fans difficult to 'Hate' cos they are a never ending source of amusement.

City are seen in the main as long suffering fans that stuck with their team through thick & thin, we hate them 'cos we partly wish it was us through a sense of entitlement. I know city fans though that have had ST's since we were at school, they act like bells at the game through pure unbridled joy & it's not really that new cos the Kippax used to have 15,000 inflatable bananas
banana+2.jpeg

Swansea up there cos newbies that done well, after they become the new crazy gang everyone will want rid.

For me, most hated are 1) Liverpool, 2) Spurs, 3) Villa, 4) Barcodes

I don't have a most liked. I don't mind Southampton or Arsenal

The more teams you beat, the more disliked you become. Everton have been consistently not beating many teams, that's why we're near the top

i'd have the bottom 4 as: (least hated) Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea(Most hated)

It's easy to find something to loathe about almost any club.

Arsenal -- Self righteous, hypocritical, think football is a non-contact sport, full of snides
Aston Villa -- Martin O'Neill days
Cardiff -- Changed their kit colour, loads of crap, tittish fans
Chelsea -- Oligarch owner, possibly the worst plastic fans ever, contingent of massive bulb players
Crystal Palace -- Sold us Andy Johnson, the bad whoppers
Fulham -- I actually kind of like Fulham... I like Jol and have a hard-on for Berbasex, but Al Fayed's a tit
Hull -- From Hull
Liverpool -- Hard to summarise in one sentence...
Man City -- Awful fans, sum up what's wrong with football these days, Carlos Tevez
Man United -- Fans look down on every club, 99% of fans don't know what a Manchester is
Newcastle -- RS aside, the worst fans in the north, joke of a club
Norwich -- Grocky football, [insert clichéd jibe about having 12 fingers]
Southampton -- Ijjy hates them, that'll do
Stoke -- Uber grocks, team of thugs, from Stoke
Sunderland -- Er... Actually, quite like them... Good fans, entertaining manager, infinitely better than Geordies
Swansea -- Think winning the passing means winning the game, think they're Barcelona, employed David Brent
Tottenham -- Spend loads whilst pretending they don't, sh*t badge
West Brom -- That 4-1 home defeat
West Ham -- Gold&Sullivan, Allardyce, more money than us(!?!?), Andy Carroll, that stadium, bellish fans

I must say I do hate west brom. I remember that 4-1 defeat very well, because the train I was on broke down at Manchester Piccadilly and so I had to get a taxi to Liverpool and got to the match at half time. Tbh I felt like s****.

Hate: Liverpool.

Strongly dislike: Stoke, Newcastle

Dislike: Man City

Quite like: Southampton, Fulham, Sunderland

The more teams you beat, the more disliked you become. Everton have been consistently not beating many teams, that's why we're near the top

i'd have the bottom 4 as: (least hated) Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea(Most hated)

......suspect this might be true. We're liked because we are not a threat.

If we are so liked I'd hope it's not the condescending 'oh Everton punch above their weight every year'.

With that being said the most important thing is that I like Everton... mostly.

Meaningless as these rankings are, I think the main reason for our "popularity" is Moyes. I'm a pundit on a football podcast, and the pundits from all the other clubs (even RS) have consistently ranked Moyes not only as a manager in terms of "over achieving", "eye for a bargain", etc. - but also in terms of integrity and honesty - and many have mentioned to me that Everton are their second club largely because of their respect for Moyes. Not likely to carry over with him to Man U, mind.

I didn't like Newcastle back then. I always liked Leeds actually (for my sins)

In my defense, they were quite good for a bit in the late 90's/early 00's and were quite fun to watch at times as well. Rush was playing for them though, so I lose points on that one.

I remember having a fondness for Leeds back in the day as well. Late '90s early '00s back when Alan Smith was actually decent and they had the Aussie pairing of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka.

I remember having a fondness for Leeds back in the day as well. Late '90s early '00s back when Alan Smith was actually decent and they had the Aussie pairing of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka.

I thought the team that made the Champions League Semi Final were an entertaining team to watch. A little on the snide side when you look back but certainly not as bad as the team from the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.