Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would like to play in spain, this is a fact. He's looked for a move there too.

Martinez joining helped and very well could sign a new contract, but if not signed in the next year he'll probably leave on good terms.

Kev never seems to attract any attention really. It's all about Big-money Lukaku, Ross the starlet, Eto'o the past master, etc, but Kev is proving himself to be an incredibly talented and important player for us. Perhaps I'm happy for him to fly under the radar, but a bit of appreciation in the media would be nice.

Would a top 4 PL side take him, Don't see him getting in the Utd/Chelsea/City/Arsenal sides, So that would leave a move to Italy or Spain, Madrid and Barca are out the question so your looking at Juve/Athletico/Roma/Valencia if he wants CL football and a step up from us, imo of course

He's 27 so if he signs a new contract with us he's committing for the rest of his career at the top level, If he does want to play in Spain he will be off in the summer

He'd walk into Arsenal's side and he'd have walked into Utd's before they signed DiMaria.

On a side note, he's been around long enough to know that unless a consistent CL side comes in for him, he'd be better off with us.

And he may be better off with us even if one does come in for him. He's in the starting eleven when healthy and that bodes well for his international aspirations.

I don't see any signs of him wanting to go. None at all.

If his dream is to play in Spain it doesn't seem to be a very realistic one to me, unless he's willing to go to an inferior club. I mean, financially it's only Real or Barcelona that could outbinge us in terms of finances, since most Spanish teams are down and out... insolvent basically. There are some decent teams out there, but Atletico doesn't need other wingers and he wouldn't suit their style either, and he's not good enough for a Real Madrid or a Barcelona (although in his current form he's not that far away really, I'd even go as far as claiming his efficiency to be on par with a Barca winger let's say like Pedro), but I hope we can convince him to stay, he's got better every season. I hope we can persuade him. If not, our hands are tied and we have to sell him in the summer. We're not in a financial situation to be able to forego a hefty transfer fee.

If his dream is to play in Spain it doesn't seem to be a very realistic one to me, unless he's willing to go to an inferior club. I mean, financially it's only Real or Barcelona that could outbinge us in terms of finances, since most Spanish teams are down and out... insolvent basically. There are some decent teams out there, but Atletico doesn't need other wingers and he wouldn't suit their style either, and he's not good enough for a Real Madrid or a Barcelona (although in his current form he's not that far away really, I'd even go as far as claiming his efficiency to be on par with a Barca winger let's say like Pedro), but I hope we can convince him to stay, he's got better every season. I hope we can persuade him. If not, our hands are tied and we have to sell him in the summer. We're not in a financial situation to be able to forego a hefty transfer fee.

Atletico s**** all over us in terms of finance mate, but make no bones about it, if he wants to be apart of something special then he's in the best place he could be. If he goes which i highly doubt any time soon would most definitely be over the 20 million mark.

I was drinking with his ma the other night and she said its all down to the sh#te beers in our country otherwise he would be here for the haul! Coyb on her breast.

Status
Not open for further replies.