Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job RM left Mirallas out for two games - and helped cost us 3 league points and a league cup exit - to save him for the derby.......

Gutted about this, didnt we say Oviedo might have a chance of playing in the world cup? we seem to have a habbit of saying things aint as bad as they are, so i expect this month to be at least 2 :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29426141

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says an injury to Kevin Mirallas could be more serious than first thought.

The 26-year-old Belgium forward came off with a hamstring problem during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

The club are still awaiting a full diagnosis on the injury before Thursday's Europa League clash with Russian side FK Krasnodar.

"It isn't a straightforward diagnosis but obviously the signs are not great," said Martinez.

"We had a few scans and we are going to make sure we are clear with the problem. It's not normal when he feels something like that and has to come off in the game.

"We know then that it is something serious.

"He has always been a very fit boy who is always ahead of schedule and we hope this time it is going to be exactly the same."

Everton are still to assess injuries to defenders Seamus Coleman and Sylvain Distin and midfielder Steven Pienaar before their second game in this season's Europa League.

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

4 weeks now 3 months!!
so we can expect him back in a year then?
Martinez for all I like his positivity is getting on my breasticles now with these horribly off the mark false hope injury comeback statements.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29426141

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says an injury to Kevin Mirallas could be more serious than first thought.

The 26-year-old Belgium forward came off with a hamstring problem during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

The club are still awaiting a full diagnosis on the injury before Thursday's Europa League clash with Russian side FK Krasnodar.

"It isn't a straightforward diagnosis but obviously the signs are not great," said Martinez.

"We had a few scans and we are going to make sure we are clear with the problem. It's not normal when he feels something like that and has to come off in the game.

"We know then that it is something serious.

"He has always been a very fit boy who is always ahead of schedule and we hope this time it is going to be exactly the same."

Everton are still to assess injuries to defenders Seamus Coleman and Sylvain Distin and midfielder Steven Pienaar before their second game in this season's Europa League.

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
I wish someone would have pushed him on the Coleman injury; clarify exactly what it is he's out for. It's not concussion, that's for sure.

I wish someone would have pushed him on the Coleman injury; clarify exactly what it is he's out for. It's not concussion, that's for sure.

In fairness though, they will be out as long as they are out. Moyes was crap with his updates too, so I just got used to not thinking much about the injured players until they appear back in the squad again.

Kevs a big loss. Got to hope McGeady finds some form and Pienaar can stay fit. Expect Atsu to start a few now because of the lack of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.