Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got nothing to do with it. Hes not a technically gifted player like Xavi, Lampard, Pirlo. Players who would get into Real Madrid. Thats all im saying. Normt saying hes uneffective but with 30m we could get a better "footballer" than him.

Different types of players. If you watch him you can see that technically he is excellent, very comfortable on the ball.

Fellaini isnt anywhere near Makelele standard as a DM

I agree. The point is Fellaini doesn't have to be creative because we don't ask him to do that.

His main role is to win posession. To be destructive. To be hard to shake off the ball and recycle the ball once won. We play him in front of our creative players (Gibson, Osman) because we like his energy and aeriel ability higher up the pitch so we can win balls close to their goal but that's no different from Ancelotti's milan playing Pirlo behind Seedorf and Gattuso.

If Diarra and Makelele and Pepe and Essien and Gravesen can play for Real, Fellaini can too.

So you think Fellaini is "technically" a good footballer? To the standard of say Xavi, Frank Lampard, Pirlo etc. when we first signed him he was absolutely awful wayward passes galore. Hes improved tenfold but definately not the finished article. Real Madrid standard - Not a chance. If they bought him it would be as a target man and menace not for his technical ability. Hes average at best. Great chest control but thats only recently.

Average - Poor shot. No long range passing. Cant go past players. Poor first touch at times. Not technically gifted with the ball at his feet for me.

What a strange question.

Are you either not technically good, or at the same level as Xavi ? Cos last time i checked there's rather a big gap between those two.

Got nothing to do with it. Hes not a technically gifted player like Xavi, Lampard, Pirlo. Players who would get into Real Madrid. Thats all im saying. Normt saying hes uneffective but with 30m we could get a better "footballer" than him.

Being 'technically gifted' is a bit of an overestimated quality. Look at Drenthe and Bilyaletdinov. They were extremely gifted. Due to lots of other variables they were essentially gash. Even the mighty Kroldrup might have been more technically gifted than Jagielka. Could he head a football? No.

Even so, I think 'technical ability' can be confused with flair. To say Felli isn't technically gifted is a bit harsh. There are very few footballers who can pluck the ball down from the sky with such ease. His control, passing, heading (all of which are technical tasks) are all really good. So, I'd actually say he is technically gifted. Now include his awareness and sheer size. He's boss, lid.

Being 'technically gifted' is a bit of an overestimated quality. Look at Drenthe and Bilyaletdinov. They were extremely gifted. Due to lots of other variables they were essentially gash. Even the mighty Kroldrup might have been more technically gifted than Jagielka. Could he head a football? No.

Even so, I think 'technical ability' can be confused with flair. To say Felli isn't technically gifted is a bit harsh. There are very few footballers who can pluck the ball down from the sky with such ease. His control, passing, heading (all of which are technical tasks) are all really good. So, I'd actually say he is technically gifted. Now include his awareness and sheer size. He's boss, lid.

One of the reasons we have such high posession stats most games this season is our midfielder are very hard to tackle.

Whenever Osman, Pienaar and Fellaini get the ball they tend to be able to shake off any attempted tackles until they can at least attempt a pass. That's a very technical skill (Messi is the best in the world at it) and one we don't give ourselves enough credit for when we keep talking about ourselves like we're stoke.

Real Madrid players.

Brennan players I mention are Real Madrid standard and yes its a large gap. Exactly my point.

One of the reasons we have such high posession stats most games this season is our midfielder are very hard to tackle.

Whenever Osman, Pienaar and Fellaini get the ball they tend to be able to shake off any attempted tackles until they can at least attempt a pass. That's a very technical skill (Messi is the best in the world at it) and one we don't give ourselves enough credit for when we keep talking about ourselves like we're stoke.

Yer definitely. Almost every task in football is a technical skill. I think we mostly confuse it with flair when we talk about it though. Essentially, we are talking sh!te. Spearheaded by The Stend

Status
Not open for further replies.