Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can possibly believe Fellaini is not technically gifted is beyond me. The number of times he will control a pass along the ground or in the air, pass it to a blue shirt and cut 2/3 opposition players who were marking him is brilliant.

This leads me to think that you are indeed WUMs (or wind up merchants for FeedtheYank's benefit).

Bringing down or controlling high balls is not being technically gifted. Kevin Davies or any one of the numeorus hatchet target men of the premier league can do this. Annoys me so much that a Pienaar or Osman will waltz round 3 or 4 players then attempt to thread a ball through to Jelavic that is perhaps cut out or Jelavic hasn't read. When this happens people groan and bleat on about Osman having no end product rather than appreciating the sublime skill and interplay. The same people are then on their feet whooping and cheering in adulation when Fellaini brings down a high ball and rolls it off two yards behind him to a better player. This is a basic skill that the majority of players have. Is that really what the school of science has come to, hero worship of a big man just because he's got a soft touch and a velcro chest? Sickens me to think that some were glad Arteta was sold just to keep him. He'll never be half the player Arteta was and that's why one is at Arsenal and one is still here. If Mirallas stays fit he will surpass anything Fellaini has done with Everton.

Bringing down or controlling high balls is not being technically gifted. Kevin Davies or any one of the numeorus hatchet target men of the premier league can do this. Annoys me so much that a Pienaar or Osman will waltz round 3 or 4 players then attempt to thread a ball through to Jelavic that is perhaps cut out or Jelavic hasn't read. When this happens people groan and bleat on about Osman having no end product rather than appreciating the sublime skill and interplay. The same people are then on their feet whooping and cheering in adulation when Fellaini brings down a high ball and rolls it off two yards behind him to a better player. This is a basic skill that the majority of players have. Is that really what the school of science has come to, hero worship of a big man just because he's got a soft touch and a velcro chest? Sickens me to think that some were glad Arteta was sold just to keep him. He'll never be half the player Arteta was and that's why one is at Arsenal and one is still here. If Mirallas stays fit he will surpass anything Fellaini has done with Everton.

Disagree

Define gifted

Look I like nice football. Players who can run with ball play intelligent 1-2s, look comfortable in possession. To me thats a good footballer,

Dont need to define the word gifted tbh. You just need to look at both players attributes and Mirallas is more gifted

Annoys me so much that a Pienaar or Osman will waltz round 3 or 4 players then attempt to thread a ball through to Jelavic that is perhaps cut out or Jelavic hasn't read. When this happens people groan and bleat on about Osman having no end product rather than appreciating the sublime skill and interplay. The same people are then on their feet whooping and cheering in adulation when Fellaini brings down a high ball and rolls it off two yards behind him to a better player. This is a basic skill that the majority of players have. Is that really what the school of science has come to, hero worship of a big man just because he's got a soft touch and a velcro chest? Sickens me to think that some were glad Arteta was sold just to keep him. He'll never be half the player Arteta was and that's why one is at Arsenal and one is still here. If Mirallas stays fit he will surpass anything Fellaini has done with Everton.

Yeah, applauding a player doing the simple things well and keeping the attack moving is pretty common. Leaping out of your seat and cumming in your pants when a player shimmies past one or two then passes straight to the opposition is something only a raving loon would do.

Pointless debate. The two are so dissimilar in the way they play how (or why) do you compare them and say one is better than the other. A football TEAM needs different attributes in its players. Mirallas is a type of player we like to see and haven't seen in blue for too long. This doesn't mean he's all we need. He hasn't scored a premier league goal yet.

Look I like nice football. Players who can run with ball play intelligent 1-2s, look comfortable in possession. To me thats a good footballer,

Dont need to define the word gifted tbh. You just need to look at both players attributes and Mirallas is more gifted

Belg Kev can run faster with and without the ball, that doesn't necessarily make him a more gifted footballer imo.

Pointless debate. The two are so dissimilar in the way they play how (or why) do you compare them and say one is better than the other. A football TEAM needs different attributes in its players. Mirallas is a type of player we like to see and haven't seen in blue for too long. This doesn't mean he's all we need. He hasn't scored a premier league goal yet.
Didn't he score against Swansea when he hit the bar and followed up to head in

There are many different techniques and skills in football.

Bringing down high balls on your chest is one of them (Fellaini is brilliant at this)

Switching the ball quickly from one foot to the other is another (Osman is brilliant at this)

Different players master different techniques.

This is a basic skill that the majority of players have

Basic skills (or techniques) are important, fundamental infact. In a lifetime of playing and watching football I haven't seen many players who have mastered this technique to the level Fellaini has.

Happy new year :)

I really hope Mirallas can overcome his injury issues.

It's a big worry as he's the exact player who takes us to a different level when he's right at it.

Big concern for me.

i feel like he has only played for us about twice the last time being september, i know this isnt correct but it feels like it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.