Kenwright: No need to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namdrater

Player Valuation: £15m
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has assured David Moyes that he is under no pressure to sell in January.
The Toffees have recovered from a shaky start to climb into sixth spot in the Premier League table, with their European ambitions still very much intact.
While their success has helped to lift the mood around Goodison Park, it has also seen their star turns fall under the spotlight.
The likes of Mikel Arteta and Joleon Lescott are now established top-flight performers, with both men having won a host of admirers across the country.
Manchester City have been linked with a January approach for the highly-regarded duo, but Kenwright has been quick to play down any suggestion that Everton will be forced to part with their prized assets in the New Year.
Perspective

"None of our players is for sale," the Toffees supremo told the Daily Express.
"They are a remarkable bunch of lads who really do play for each other.
"It was tough at the beginning of the season, but even when the going gets tough you have to try like mad to keep your sense of perspective.
"It is very difficult because the game is more than ever about winning and when you are not winning I would be lying to say the worries don't creep in.
"But never ever to the extent of nightmare worries or that we won't sort it out."
Obstacle

Everton's hopes of becoming consistent top-six challengers may depend on Kenwright's success in his search for new investment.
The club are unable to compete financially with many of their rivals and the Toffees chairman admits that he will be happy to step aside once a suitable replacement is identified.
"Would I like to be chairman next year with the kind of money in place that David needs? Yes," he added.
"But in no way would that be any kind of obstacle to anyone coming into the club. I do think for anyone looking to invest in a football club, Everton has everything you need.
"Our search goes on. I sort of know why it hasn't happened yet.
"In the main, the economic climate for the last few months means no-one has got the money to invest in football. Right now that is the biggest reason."
From skysports.

He must be lying!!! meh

You'll start [Poor language removed] murder on this board with that thread title.

Anyhoo.......

Watch this space_______________________!!

lollol

No need to sell a player in January? Thanks Bill. Seeing as part of the squad are kids strraight out of the academy and the treatment room is like a warzone, that'll be handy not having to sell anyone.

Train set still for sale? Right, got you. Give my regards to Barrymore.

lollol

No need to sell a player in January? Thanks Bill. Seeing as part of the squad are kids strraight out of the academy and the treatment room is like a warzone, that'll be handy not having to sell anyone.

Train set still for sale? Right, got you. Give my regards to Barrymore.

Thing is thou buddy!! Who the [Poor language removed] would want any of our 2nd rate palyers anyway. Their all [Poor language removed]. Arteta was a reject an Cahill an Lescott are only from the Championship!! The Yak is a lazy beaut. So no chance in selling anyway!!

Kenwrong OUT!!

Thing is thou buddy!! Who the [Poor language removed] would want any of our 2nd rate palyers anyway. Their all [Poor language removed]. Arteta was a reject an Cahill an Lescott are only from the Championship!! The Yak is a lazy beaut. So no chance in selling anyway!!

Kenwrong OUT!!

Take that back...they are all perfectly functioning parts expressing themselves through "The Moyes Doctrine". lol

Proper Melthead.

I love Bill me, hes wonderful.

In other news i got banned from kipper for saying "Bill is great he saved this club". The reason was i was either a kopite or on a windup. Classic.

Dave, you should go there mate, looks like you kind of place.

Proper Melthead.

In other news i got banned from kipper for saying "Bill is great he saved this club". The reason was i was either a kopite or on a windup. Classic.

Don't be daft mate, were do you think he spends most his time. He just comes over here once in a while to polute us with his doom an gloom.

Never be to happy, You know. Bad things will always happen!!

Proper Melthead.

No, I post on here 'because it's not like kipper, lid. No one with a different point of view gets to be called a "[Poor language removed] retard", a "****" or a "wankstain", because admin dont allow it lid. Grand Old Team dont tolerate that kidda, that's where the two forums are different'.

Ok kidda laar, but your constant attack on my typing is getting boring. I get your point, im sorry if the scouse tang in my typing effects your upper class English attitude. k lid?

*lights blue touchpaper*
Namdrater, bad call. Now we have the sharpy and Davek show. Not even bothering to read the rest - but I wil say, still rounds a better quality "argument"lol than on that other forum.

I'd love to be around when you two meet in person. ;)

Ok kidda laar, but your constant attack on my typing is getting boring. I get your point, im sorry if the scouse tang in my typing effects your upper class English attitude. k lid?

I've not (and never have) attacked your style of writing. 'Kidda' is just a general (and gentle) jibe - not aimed at you and not intended for you to take personally. I cant stand that elitist [Poor language removed] over 'wordsmithiry', so I wouldn't use it on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.