Junior Malanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
They refused to let him leave for 3 consecutive windows so he cancelled his contract.

He'd be a fantastic signing, hope we get him.

It can't be possible to simply cancel your contract and walk away.especially for a young player.
There must be more to this,involving a fee,or else he must be useless.

Read the article, theres something called Law 78 or something. Means he can and he has! Also says that Belgium top clubs have an unwritten rule that they wont poach players who choose to use this law - supposedly to try and stop them doing it!

But that doesnt apply in any other country so if we want him, we could have him and a panel would decide how much compensation we would have to pay - usually nominal amount

I am not doubting that it says it in the article,just that it is possible.
That would mean that any European club,could effectively poach Barkley(or Rooney in the past) and we would end up with buttons.

It just sounds wrong.

That would mean that any European club,could effectively poach Barkley(or Rooney in the past) and we would end up with buttons.

It just sounds wrong.
It's specifically a law in Belgium, I believe.

It just sounds wrong.

Dunno mate I don't remember the club relocating to Belgium.

no law in england that allows a player to cancel there contract.

The panel that agree a compensation deal sounds familiar but doesnt that only apply here when a youngsters contract runs out?

Rule 78 is a strange one that specifically applies in Belgium amongst Belgian clubs. I think the Belgian FA brought it in so it would give more chances for their youth players to play abroad because Belgian football isn't of a high enough standard and Belgian clubs don't want to let their youth players go.

Rule 78 is a strange one that specifically applies in Belgium amongst Belgian clubs. I think the Belgian FA brought it in so it would give more chances for their youth players to play abroad because Belgian football isn't of a high enough standard and Belgian clubs don't want to let their youth players go.

Belgian FA has nothing to do with it. The law of '78 is a federal law that goes for all paid sportsmen in Belgium.

Why are people arguing about laws in Belgium as though they have an international Law degree.

Unless you have a diploma from some place other than Wiki Law University, you are acting a bit churlish.

i must be dreaming ...4 signings in a week and a 5th maybe .
how would you all say we are looking at wages currently ? ie with mucha hitzleberger and neville off the wages would that be equal less or more then robles kone alcaraz and deulofeu's wages ?
my guess is it pretty much is equal. then with the increased tv money going towards wages im guessing we have enough to put towards one more player.a cm , malanda .
without baines or fellaini being sold , we would have a cracking squad . ill finish how i started ... i must be dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.