Junior Malanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
i must be dreaming ...4 signings in a week and a 5th maybe .
how would you all say we are looking at wages currently ? ie with mucha hitzleberger and neville off the wages would that be equal less or more then robles kone alcaraz and deulofeu's wages ?
my guess is it pretty much is equal. then with the increased tv money going towards wages im guessing we have enough to put towards one more player.a cm , malanda .
without baines or fellaini being sold , we would have a cracking squad . ill finish how i started ... i must be dreaming.

Probably more wages at the moment mate, but with the sale of Heitinga most likely coming up we'll be on less than before. Yeah if we manage a CM signing without losing any players then this season looks like it'll be brilliant for us.

The wage bill was slowly lowering a little before the contracts of Hitz, Neville and Mucha all expired. We had Arteta leaving behind his 75k~ wages, Yak, Saha, Yobo etc. Who were all on a fair whack.

I know we signed a couple players and renewed some contracts but cant help but think we must still have some wiggle with regards to the wage budget.

Why are people arguing about laws in Belgium as though they have an international Law degree.

Unless you have a diploma from some place other than Wiki Law University, you are acting a bit churlish.

Well, it just so happens...

Under Belgian laws, a sportsman has complete freedom to terminate an employment contract. They can be required to pay compensation if they terminate a term contract prematurely, but the compensation is capped at 6 months pay. See Article 40 of the 1978 Contracts of Employment Act.

[video=youtube;4GcgS79_TR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcgS79_TR0[/video]

Last edited:
I´ve got the feeling Roberto will slow down and it´ll be a while before we see more signings (if any) unless we sell one or more players.

The way I look at it, the manager has picked the low hanging apples from the tree. Good as they were, they were relatively easy signings for him to make.

I´d be chuffed if we went for this kid but can you really see us signing 5 players in such a short time? Maybe I´ll be surprised. Every day that goes by I´m happier Moyes has gone.
Do you reckon maybe Bill's away on holiday but Roberto's dead good at forging signatures

I've stated it before, but I'll say it again... considering the business we've already done, if we can sign Malanda and Honda and somehow keep hold of Baines and Fellaini, I would be absolutely pleased to bits with our dealings in the transfer window.

I've stated it before, but I'll say it again... considering the business we've already done, if we can sign Malanda and Honda and somehow keep hold of Baines and Fellaini, I would be absolutely pleased to bits with our dealings in the transfer window.

If we could sell Heitinga and Naismith + bring in a young central midfielder I would be over the moon with that alone.

Malanda for his new Fellaini tag and Honda would be ridiculously good and the best transfer window since we signed Fellaini.

I really want this kid, would cost over 6m but because of that clause he's on a free is an absolute brute, very young and from Belguim, is a very similar player to Victor Wanyama who Southampton just payed over 12m for. We really need a new central midfielder, especially with Hitz going and Gibson been a bit injury prone so this would really be a fantastic signing if we could get it done.

I really want this kid, would cost over 6m but because of that clause he's on a free is an absolute brute, very young and from Belguim, is a very similar player to Victor Wanyama who Southampton just payed over 12m for. We really need a new central midfielder, especially with Hitz going and Gibson been a bit injury prone so this would really be a fantastic signing if we could get it done.

he would never cost 6m at his previous club because his value would be capped at 6 months of Belgian wages; If you pay more you would rather just pay the kid handsome money to sever his contract. If a young kid has the means to buy it out I reckon this would be essentially a free transfer.

Of course it is all history. I smell third person ownership though.

he would never cost 6m at his previous club because his value would be capped at 6 months of Belgian wages; If you pay more you would rather just pay the kid handsome money to sever his contract. If a young kid has the means to buy it out I reckon this would be essentially a free transfer.

Of course it is all history. I smell third person ownership though.

You've lost me here...why would he be worth 6 months of his salary?

Fellaini was bought for a much larger amount.

You've lost me here...why would he be worth 6 months of his salary?

Fellaini was bought for a much larger amount.

Think one of you is talking about his compensation value and one is talking about his market value (before terminating his contract)

Simplez

Think one of you is talking about his compensation value and one is talking about his market value (before terminating his contract)

Simplez

Somone said the player would be worth 6mil -- michael Tsui said 6months wages only?

Doesnt make senses and the player was under contract so would have been hugely more than 6months salary.

Hes now walked off for zero due to belgian law....not as he didnt have a contrct.

First poster was correct, 6mil makes sense before.

ohhhh kaaayyyyy

6mil touted as his value in normal market

Maximum of 6 months wages would be the compensation needed to be paid

Compensation is capped at 6 months pay, not his market value

Status
Not open for further replies.