judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
judgment-is-coming-repent-L4nhXRud_JU-TCwYQ9efB4s.1024x1024.jpg

I actually think it's been a good window. I like the approach with signings. All of them seem like they have strong work ethics which we seem to have lacked in recent times. Yes we haven't added another forward but I think Gray could potentially cover this until DCL is fit. I'm hoping we will be much tougher opponents now.

6/10 for me. Not replacing richi is a disaster
I suspect that will be our Achilles heel. If ever a manager needed DCL to be fit, it is Lampard. He'll need to decide tomorrow if he thinks he can make a fist of things without another striker, because he will be judged from here on. It's no good saying he was holed under the bough by Thelwell and staying on resentfully. If he doesn't think he's been backed, he needs to go. If he stays, he needs results. Anyway, he had his chance to cash in on Gordon and made a stance against it. I don't think that was wise, but the club have him over a barrel now. "We could have strengthened if you'd only have sanctioned the sale."

November is looking turbulent.

I suspect that will be our Achilles heel. If ever a manager needed Dominic Calvert-Lewin to be fit, it is Lampard. He'll need to decide tomorrow if he thinks he can make a fist of things without another striker, because he will be judged from here on. It's no good saying he was holed under the bough by Thelwell and staying on resentfully. If he doesn't think he's been backed, he needs to go. If he stays, he needs results. Anyway, he had his chance to cash in on Gordon and made a stance against it. I don't think that was wise, but the club have him over a barrel now. "We could have strengthened if you'd only have sanctioned the sale."

November is looking turbulent.

utter bs. so your saying we haven’t got a striker as we’ve not sold flash?

utter bs. so your saying we haven’t got a striker as we’ve not sold flash?
I'm saying it's quite likely that we would have gotten a striker if we had sold him. But Frank took a position and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the board decided he'd made his bed. I certainly wouldn't put it past them. They are very good at backing managers into a corner. The manager then must fight his way out with results...or they'll close in on him when his use to them has expired.

I'm saying it's quite likely that we would have gotten a striker if we had sold him. But Frank took a position and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the board decided he'd made his bed. I certainly wouldn't put it past them. They are very good at backing managers into a corner. The manager then must fight his way out with results...or they'll close in on him when his use to them has expired.

na

Status
Not open for further replies.