2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not impressed me at all. However, a young lad coming into this hot mess of a team devoid of ideas, confidence, goals and one senior defender to set a good example is hardly going to look good.

Don't be writing him off too quickly ffs you horrors

Ah well...
Believe he neutralised their left wide man and that was his job. Everything positive Leicester did was thru Gray and Mahrez.
Gray and Mahrez (and Vardy) looked dangerous for about 20 mins or so. Leicester went 2-0 up and then let us have the ball. We never looked like getting back on level terms once we went 2 down. Kenny was part of a back four that looked vulnerable during that first half spell. For me, he never stood out. But no shame in that as it was a collective debacle. His part in the second goal was very unfortunate but is hard to ignore also. Time on his side though, so lets see how he develops. Or whether he develops enough.

Honestly, I think he's been awful lately. He may come good but as of now he isn't performing. Firstly, he cannot take on his defender to save his life. There's multiple times where he just sits on the ball and then passes it back to a center midfielder. Take it toward the end line and send in a cross. That also may be cause we don't have a target man in the box but put the defense under pressure.

Also this may an issue with the team set up but it seems he is always hoofing the ball forward instead of making a pass on the ground. It happened a lot more in the Chelsea match when Lennon was playing down the right side. We need Seamus back ASAP.

I would start Martina, he offers more going forward. Just my two cents.

Can't say I've been that impressed with him to be honest. I know there have been hoardes crying out for him to play, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is "ready" for the first team. He looked shaky today, hit the OG and didn't really offer much going forward either. With that performance, if his name was "Martina" or "Klaassen" or "Sandro" he'd be getting absolutely crucified, yet I saw a lot of excuses made for him. It seems the local lads can do no wrong.

And no, I'm not writing him off. I just think he's not ready for the first team.

If his name was Cuco he’d literally have been crucified, made into gifs, and booed mercilessly. As it is he’s a local lad so he gets a pass. He was poor. No two ways about it. Looks like he could’ve used a loan down in the Champo.
thanks for the input, now go and watch Cam Newton or somrthing before you come on here writing off a potentially very good future Everton player

Status
Not open for further replies.