2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all wanted him to get a chance and his form for the U23s merited it and it's maybe unfair to judge his performances when coming into a struggling side, but he hasn't exactly made it impossible to drop him

We all wanted him to get a chance and his form for the U23s merited it and it's maybe unfair to judge his performances when coming into a struggling side, but he hasn't exactly made it impossible to drop him
I think one thing all of the younger players seem to suffer from is how the u23 system doesn't prepare them for the first team. The standard isn't great.

Felt for him.

Own goals have always been a bitch to deal with, but when you see it replayed five or six times on the screens then it's just rubbing it in.

It plainly affected him in the first half, but he settled down in the second half. Brown stuff happens, but he still starts for me on Thursday though.

Kept showing for the ball even after his mistake. He didn’t hide and put a couple of decent balls across.
No idea what he was doing in the centreback position for the own goal but playing youngsters means them making mistakes. JJ has the right attitude and I believe the required ability to be a good premier league player for us. He is playing in a back four with two geriatrics at centreback and like most of us probably thinks he has to do two men’s work waiting for the mistake that Williams will inevitably make.
He has been thrown in to a team completely devoid of confidence and to be honest showed better defending and better attacking than Baines on the left who is a shadow of the player he was.
Better to let the lad make mistakes and improve than have someone who maybe marginally better in coco but has no long term future here.

Status
Not open for further replies.