John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably who I'm least mad at if I'm honest

It's just sadness I feel that he want's out more than anything else

My anger is mainly being directed at the media, his agent and the Everton board, in that order
They're all to blame.

But the player is too. Five days to go till the window shuts.

Thanks you Tyke rat.

Theres a couple schools of thought on this-

1) we refuse to sell and try and get another year out of him in the hope he performs like Suarez did for them when he was forced to stay and hope in the mean time he opts to stay on.

2) We sell as quickly as possible to the highest bidder with a bit of time to reinvest with a few signings.

Im not sure which way it would go for Stones if he was forced to stay...

The ONLY way to go now.

Imagine him staying and making errors - and he makes plenty of them - he'll be slaughtered.

There's no future for him here. That's why his agent and Chelsea told him to hand a transfer request in: it brings matters hurtling to a conclusion.

If Stones does go to Chelski which looks likely how much do we still owe on Lukaku as if they take that off the final payment and with Barnsleys cut we could be left with little money to do anything...Apologies if already been answered

Theres a couple schools of thought on this-

1) we refuse to sell and try and get another year out of him in the hope he performs like Suarez did for them when he was forced to stay and hope in the mean time he opts to stay on.

2) We sell as quickly as possible to the highest bidder with a bit of time to reinvest with a few signings.

Im not sure which way it would go for Stones if he was forced to stay...

I'd say there's a third.

We tell him he's not going because the transfer request came too late and we haven't received a bid to match his valuation, and tell the player we'll revisit in 12 months.

The player is aware of when he's leaving and the club has a year ahead of time to plan out the strategy moving forward.

That's actually the only viable option in my head if the club is ran remotely right.

Either we refuse his transfer request or we sell him and Martinez is given the lot to spend before the window shuts (minus the whatever% Barnsley are due from the sale).

We should already have around £20m to spend before any sale, plus the £30m/£35m that would be left after the sell on % - we should be looking at Bobby having £50m to spend. As mental and unlikely as that seems and sounds - if it doesn't happen then I am done. Had enough of being screwed over by the club year on year.

Also the Lukaku money owed to Chelski will still be paid on the drip as was agreed at the time of purchase. The Stones deal would change nothing on that.

Why the sudden nastyness towards Stones, i mean seriously?

We havent won a trophy in 20 years.

Chelsea are the reigning league champions and are looking for a replacement for their captain (who btw was english, as is thier other defender) and people are venomous about Stones going there?!

Dont blame the lad for wanting to move there. Clearly he knows he will be given chances to play and like Lampard and Terry, be a integral part of a succesful team.

Meanwhile we still wont be winning anything.

Would just like someone officially make a statement, then we will all know what's going on. If/when he goes Roberto won't get a penny of it cos we still owe for ROM and to pay VIBRAC the yearly loan back only to take out a new one next week.
Toys r us club this. We've gone to FCK

plus how much of a knobhead does Woods look now if he goes?!!?

That lad should lynch the board while playing that video over and over at the next home game.

It was hours.

WBA have handled this a lot better than us, but I think in their case the transfer request is genuine and has come as a surprise. With us... well, Charlie Adam of all people put it best here:

It seems to me that in the eyes of the football professionals, Stones and his ilk are the victims.

It is the nasty clubs which are at fault for giving them a lucrative contract for a specific number of years and not wanting to let them renege on that contract.

Footballers and the parasites who feed off the whole rotten circus really do live in an alternate universe.

plus how much of a knobhead does Woods look now if he goes?!!?

That lad should lynch the board while playing that video over and over at the next home game.

I don't think he looks like a knob at all.

He was pretty emphatic about it so I think the way this has developed since Sunday has come as a surprise to him.

Let's hope he is sufficiently outraged to tell the bugger to sod off, he is staying put.

I'd say there's a third.

We tell him he's not going because the transfer request came too late and we haven't received a bid to match his valuation, and tell the player we'll revisit in 12 months.

The player is aware of when he's leaving and the club has a year ahead of time to plan out the strategy moving forward.

That's actually the only viable option in my head if the club is ran remotely right.

Erm thats basically what Im saying in option 1 there mate.

They're all to blame.

But the player is too. Five days to go till the window shuts.

Thanks you Tyke rat.

On the upside, we'll get more of the money now he's put the request in

And I think the club has had replacements in mind anyway

Today was realistically the earliest we could bid for Virge anyway. It was always going to come down to after the tie with Malmo

There's no way they would have sold him before that

Because every single thing points to it being the case - past precedent, the timing, the board we have, the lack of transfer spend - literally everything.

Mate I see where you come from but it's a highly circumstantial call. I get the past atrocities but my personal view is that was a combination of genuinely being skint and general managerial incompetence. While the latter may not have changed I believe the former has - I believe Martinez did convince Kenwright of his vision to build a young team - possibly a 5 year plan, and agreed to support that with the greater financial flexibility we now have (no evidence at all just yet that we haven't got money to spend this window even before any sales). I don't believe either Kenwright or Martinez want Stones to go, and are possibly right now trying to persuade him to stay - he's a young but reasonable lad. BUT, if he's determined why wouldn't that sale be planned for? The club would have been naïve in the extreme not to have even contemplated it. That's a million miles away from a belief that Kenwright just craves money, which some would believe he somehow salts away to his account in Bermuda....

Status
Not open for further replies.