Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah 15m is a bit optimistic but maybe around 10 for aj has got to be a better investment than similar money for saha.

when he's been fit, his work at manU has been greatly helped by the quality of the service, which he'll not get at west ham.

aj would offer the hammers a lot more quid for quid.

having said that i'd be in no rush to unload aj although i do have strong sense he'll be moving on.

I can't see West Ham paying anywhere near that figure, Dave. Maybe last year when they were paying silly money for everything that moved they would have. However, as far as I'm aware, they are trying to curb spending, on account of an horrendous wage bill, so paying £15m for someone like AJ would be impossible.

I personally value AJ at the £8m mark based on his nationality, work rate and past goalscoring.

I honestly would not want to see him go. I think he's a great footballer and a workaholic! Even though he does not score that often, he causes panic in the defence of the opposition. With descent ball coming from a "quality" midlfield, I think he'll be more effective. But, as they say "Money Talks" and should they be willing to even pay 10-12mill I would reckon that we let to. A few mill profit has never done anyone any harm...

id say johnsons flat rate is 8 million.
he wants to stay and we dont want to sell . so that would add a couple of million.
then if there are 2 or 3 clubs interested it could hike the price a few more million.

10 - 13 million would be a good price for us.

we dont want to sell

Says who?

He is not exactly performing is he, even before we had the Yak he still wasn't slotting. He's had a very very brief scoring run of 8 games or so when he first signed plus a random goal every 3-4 games.
Yak has come in, and working with the same midfield has slotted 20 odd goals.
Yeah AJ is a 'workhorse' so what. Where's his goals.

Don't get me wrong, I like AJ. I just don't think we stand to gain much by keeping him. If we can sell him on for 9m+ then take it. I'd play Anichebe and Vaughan ahead of him every game anyway. The pairing of AJ and the Yak doesn't look to work too well for me. It clicks now and again, but largely it just doesn't. Anichebe and the Yak is a better pairing, both strong and can get their head on the ball and both hustle defenders.

Now this Jo lad is a possibility who has 30 odd goals in 50 odd games, I'd hope Moyes is an astute enough manager to realise what a chance it is and strike while the iron is hot! Get what he can for AJ and move on.

Let's knock this on the head before it gets out of hand.
We're not getting Jo, as much as many of us would like it, we won't get him.
Simple fact is, Moyes hasn't got the gonads to do this kind of deal.

The way some will look at it is: AJ - has scored goals in the Prem previously, works hard for the team, would only probably realistically fetch what we paid for him if we were to sell him at this present moment in time.

Jo - hasn't scored goals in the Prem, has in the Russian league, but players have scored more goals in more established leagues and still been [Poor language removed] over here (Kezman anyone?). The kid can play, but £18m, I don't think so, maybe £10m and Moyes would consider it, but c'mon, if he's not buying Fernandes (looking for another loan), a player who knows the team, the style, what's required, then he's not going to spend another £6m on a player who hasn't got a jar of glue.

Sorry.

Says who?

only moyes and aj , the only 2 people who matter.

but i do agree wth what your saying.
do we really want a mini dunc ? works hard but scores little .
theres no denying that aj's work rate was good but his scoring was pants this past season.

i do think we need another striker and i do think aj should be 3rd choice.

The way some will look at it is: AJ - has scored goals in the Prem previously, works hard for the team, would only probably realistically fetch what we paid for him if we were to sell him at this present moment in time.

Jo - hasn't scored goals in the Prem, has in the Russian league, but players have scored more goals in more established leagues and still been [Poor language removed] over here (Kezman anyone?). The kid can play, but £18m, I don't think so, maybe £10m and Moyes would consider it, but c'mon, if he's not buying Fernandes (looking for another loan), a player who knows the team, the style, what's required, then he's not going to spend another £6m on a player who hasn't got a jar of glue.

Sorry.

I totalt agree.....it's just not moyes's style. This is one deal that will never happen IMO.

Sorry.

Moyes will buy £18m players if, and only if, he breaks into the top 4. So I agree, this deal will never happen. A big signing for us is likely to be at the £8-10m mark.

Moyes will buy £18m players if, and only if, he breaks into the top 4. So I agree, this deal will never happen. A big signing for us is likely to be at the £8-10m mark.

Dont know about that. I fancy us to hit the 13-15m mark, For a top midfielder. An maybe 8-10m for a second Top midfielder. If the moneys their of corse.

Dont know about that. I fancy us to hit the 13-15m mark, For a top midfielder. An maybe 8-10m for a second Top midfielder. If the moneys their of corse.

I don't know about that, Sharpy. It seems to me that until we really look like Champions League quality it will be the hungry player that we sign. The type that could break into the next level, rather than people who have already arrived. Remember as well, wages are going to be a stumbling block and players with very high value usually command big wages.

I don't know about that, Sharpy. It seems to me that until we really look like Champions League quality it will be the hungry player that we sign. The type that could break into the next level, rather than people who have already arrived. Remember as well, wages are going to be a stumbling block and players with very high value usually command big wages.
My thoughts are that if we are wanting to win trophies and make money you need to spend money. Fans are attracted to big names and as you said big names means big wages. There are other advantages to bringing big names to the club. More fans in the stadium, increased revenue from the sale of shirts etc etc. But how are we ever going to progress at the rate we are going now. Take ManU for instance, the total debt is 756mill pounds BUT they are winning trophies and they have class in each department. And no I am not saying lets get ourselves into a world of debt. We have the squad to build on but with 1 or 2 "MAJOR" signings and 2-3 additional squad players we can take the step up and break into the top 4 and start winning some of the competions we should be winning.

These links are coming and going a bit thick and fast for me to get excited about

And just to make things worse the worlds most irritating journalist does his bit
http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...objectid=20936988&siteid=50061-name_page.html

"the blues have already had dealings with MSI group".... yeah I remember that well, oh i'm so looking forward to going through that again.

"it would be premature to say a deal had been done"....really... well that does surprise me.

Wouldnt mind if Everton employed a couple of Jorabchians boys as scouts though - he's got every bugger signed up

Sorry.

Apparently he is owned by the same company that part owns Fernandes. So we could "rent" him for a year before we buy.

My thoughts are that if we are wanting to win trophies and make money you need to spend money. Fans are attracted to big names and as you said big names means big wages. There are other advantages to bringing big names to the club. More fans in the stadium, increased revenue from the sale of shirts etc etc. But how are we ever going to progress at the rate we are going now. Take ManU for instance, the total debt is 756mill pounds BUT they are winning trophies and they have class in each department. And no I am not saying lets get ourselves into a world of debt. We have the squad to build on but with 1 or 2 "MAJOR" signings and 2-3 additional squad players we can take the step up and break into the top 4 and start winning some of the competions we should be winning.

I agree, but we're not in a position to do what Man United do. What we've got is an excellent manager with a good eye for players. If we've got £30m to spend then I would like to see three quality players come in rather than one big name and two adequate signings. It's surely about the getting a great spine to the team and then moving onto the next level. Moyes himself sees this, hence the next five year plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.