Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt where going to spend the majoirty of our budget on one unproven player who plies his trade in the Russian League. Its just isn't the way to go.

Being South African, I'm not too familiar with the different media houses in the UK, so who believe & who not is vague to me. I guess they are one of those whose stories you should take with a pinch of salt .... ?

Being South African, I'm not too familiar with the different media houses in the UK, so who believe & who not is vague to me. I guess they are one of those whose stories you should take with a pinch of salt .... ?

If its in the paper matey the general though is its likely to be bull sh!t

I personally dont believe we need strikers. Especially if we're going to blow 18mill on one and get rid of AJ for probably about 12mill.

Yes, we'd recoup cash on AJ but I personally think the lad's got goals in him if supplied right. Anichebe and Vaughen are coming through and Yak is a proven 20 goals a season striker.

18mill for a world class midfielder is what I wouldnt mind being how its thread bare as it is.

I personally dont believe we need strikers. Especially if we're going to blow 18mill on one and get rid of AJ for probably about 12mill.

Yes, we'd recoup cash on AJ but I personally think the lad's got goals in him if supplied right. Anichebe and Vaughen are coming through and Yak is a proven 20 goals a season striker.

18mill for a world class midfielder is what I wouldnt mind being how its thread bare as it is.

Of course we need a striker, Vaughan cant stay fit for more than a month, Anichebe isnt quite ready yet, AJ is misfiring and Cahill is like Vaughan lately which leaves just the Yak. A striker is essential

im on the understanding that we could pay 18 million if we want to buy him but its looking more like a "loan".

its going to be similar to tevez at utd.

we pay a silly amount of money for short term ownership.

Would be very,very suprised if we spent that sort of money on a striker. As we are desprate for midfielders.

So no for this one.

to be honest I can see this happening if AJ leaves for the hammers for silly money.

Weirder things have happened.

Should we sell AJ for something silly like 15mil, then I reckon this will be an awesome buy...

for what it's worth the jo rumour is appearing on the guardian pages as well..

one way or another i do think we'll be aj-lite in the non too distant future.

west ham bound i'll be bound.

Should we sell AJ for something silly like 15mil, then I reckon this will be an awesome buy...

I can't see West Ham paying anywhere near that figure, Dave. Maybe last year when they were paying silly money for everything that moved they would have. However, as far as I'm aware, they are trying to curb spending, on account of an horrendous wage bill, so paying £15m for someone like AJ would be impossible.

I personally value AJ at the £8m mark based on his nationality, work rate and past goalscoring.

I can't see West Ham paying anywhere near that figure, Dave. Maybe last year when they were paying silly money for everything that moved they would have. However, as far as I'm aware, they are trying to curb spending, on account of an horrendous wage bill, so paying £15m for someone like AJ would be impossible.

I personally value AJ at the £8m mark based on his nationality, work rate and past goalscoring.

He wont be going anywhere anyway.;) We'll be getting rid of Arteta next for having a weak season.

Status
Not open for further replies.