January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this time there's no hope. We are well and truly doomed and we all know the outcome. I cannot be disappointed any further it is impossible

Here then is our first taste of the Dyche effect.

Deadline day .. clock ticking.

Hey Kamaldene, Conor, Vik, Hakim, Thorgum, Ryan (even Ryan bloody Fraser!!!).

Hows about coming in to join Sean down Goodison way?

Foot of the league but y'now Sean, he's a leader, a battler, bad suits yeah but y'know he's a battler .. tough, tells it how it is .. an tha.

Errr Kam.. er.. Con .. Vik .. Hakim ... Thorium ... Ryan.. Ryan! ... RYAN!!! RYAAAAAAN!!!

No ones coming in are they?
Absolutely nothing to do with Dyche. Southampton are managing to attract players with their nobody of a manager.

Players are going to be more put off with our amateur board claiming the fans are a danger to them.

More likely we haven’t actually put a serious offer in for anyone and are still twiddling our thumbs.

Clearly not fit for purpose this board.
Waiting until the 11th hour and getting it all wrong.
Would love to be proved wrong, but all the signs are depressing.
They're smarter than we give them credit for. Second year in a row they've pulled off the exact same January window special move: Dither over sacking a manager for most of Jan, line up a replacement but don't confirm until the last minute and use that as an excuse for not getting anything done.

At least this year we haven't gone with a couple of awful last minute token gesture signings. Progress is a slow process.

At least this time there's no hope. We are well and truly doomed and we all know the outcome. I cannot be disappointed any further it is impossible
But with your negative outlook you can be surprised so it's a win/win situation for you

He literally said that he didn't want to play for the club again. It was widely reported, and not refuted. The official site confirmed he handed in a transfer request.

All of that aside, let's assume up to the Wolves game, everything we'd seen from Gordon was his best effort. He was crap. What help do you think he realistically would have been when his heart wasn't in it? We can very easily promote another run-around-a-lot eager beaver from the U23s that will be as much, if not more use.

It's clear we don't agree on the subject and that's all good. Let's just take solace in the Geordies slowly realising what a horrible investment they've made, to take the edge off our whimpering relegation surrender.

Your missing my base point mate - I didn’t say he shouldn’t leave based on events - I said we shouldn’t have sanctioned the move to make us weaker until we had someone in and not leave ourselves weaker - that was stupid- the two things are very different.

That’s uncomfortable truth we may have to face as a fan base, but hopefully not.

Absolutely nothing to do with Dyche. Southampton are managing to attract players with their nobody of a manager.

Players are going to be more put off with our amateur board claiming the fans are a danger to them.

More likely we haven’t actually put a serious offer in for anyone and are still twiddling our thumbs.
Bingo. We've publicly waved our skiddy undies around for all to see over the past few weeks, and now we're expecting to lure some tasty new talent back to ours.

I highly doubt there was a genuine attempt to sign any of them but even if so, I'd actually judge anyone who chose us over pretty much any other club at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.