James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that we could be signing him (Stoke).

Thoughts? He's very injury prone isn't he?

If you managed to keep his knee on then he's got the potential to be an outstanding striker.

You just wonder if that will ever happen, he's been a bit pish in pre season which has not bearing on it whatsoever but I felt compelled to add a wee bit more.

He needs to keep himself fit and get some games under his belt. A loan would be good but with our small squad I can't see that happening.

We all know he's got potential but he's got a lot of catching up to do, that is very clear. It is expected though, he's missed alot of football over the last few years.

Heard that we could be signing him (Stoke).

Thoughts? He's very injury prone isn't he?

Very injury prone isnt the half of it mate.

Vaughan is rated very highly over here. He's tanacious, quick, and can bag a goal. He's just IMO 2 years behind in his development due to his injuries. And someone people have said his pre-season isnt going too well in terms of form.

Vaughan and Anichebe need to be loaned out, but we've always been lightweight in the strike department depth wise so its never happened. Both of them need a mass string of games to see if they can really cut it.

I personally prefer Anichebe, he developed well last season and showed some potential but his attitude lets him down.

Vaughan I think is crocked to be fair. But on his game he'll turn into a vry good player. His injury record is terrible though.

I think he could go on loan at Xmas, i think Moyes will want to keep an eye on him and handle him right untill then - fitness wise. Hes also missed a lot of development Moyes will want to get at least six months of coaching into him IMO. Id be well annoyed if he was sold.

All very quiet on the big Vic front isnt it.

Vaughan does hav some catching upto do with regards to Anichebe, but with the size of our squad and the four competitions, I can't see this happening, maybe in January if he proves his injuries are behind him.

Very highly rated with a lot of talent, just a shame to see him getting so many bad injuries, one more may finish him off as thelast one nearly did.

Cheers for info, seems like we are close to another crock - dean ashton who could be a great signing (if fit)

I'm having a rethink on Vaughan. I always thought out of the two lads - him and Victor - Vaughan was the no brainer keep out of the pair of them...based on his superior movement. I know injuries have taken their toll on his confidence as well as his body, but I'm begining to doubt he has the composure to become a top player. At least with Vic what you see is what you get; performances like he put in in his first Euro campaign and which he produced against Liverpool at Anfield last season have outshone anything Vaughan has achieved for the club.

I'm having a rethink on Vaughan. I always thought out of the two lads - him and Victor - Vaughan was the no brainer keep out of the pair of them...based on his superior movement. I know injuries have taken their toll on his confidence as well as his body, but I'm begining to doubt he has the composure to become a top player. At least with Vic what you see is what you get; performances like he put in in his first Euro campaign and which he produced against Liverpool at Anfield last season have outshone anything Vaughan has achieved for the club.

Against Villa in the FA Cup he was Man of The Match for me. Proper handful against them - got a peno and set up the 3rd goal (I think).

Against Villa in the FA Cup he was Man of The Match for me. Proper handful against them - got a peno and set up the 3rd goal (I think).

Remember that time, he severed an artery at Bolton - hes a great little warrior. He had a big say on us qualifying for Europe that season for me, which was the first time under Moyes we got into the Uefa.

I've said for years, Vaughan is vastly overrated.

Hmm. I think the lad has potential but - truthfully - none of us can tell because we only ever see snatches of him before he's carted off to the treatment room.

I do think he does himself no favours, though, charging around like a bull in a china shop when he's bought on. To be fair, I guess that's what any of us would do in his position - wanting to prove himself so he's all guns blazing (and gets injured again...)

If he can calm down a little - he's a great athlete and goal scorer and could still be a fixture for us. I hope stoke don't get him but if they do, good luck vaughny. New start, hope it works for you, lad.

I dont think we seen enough to even determine that he had the potential.

Oh, I see a true athlete and very quick - hence high potential. Against Reading last winter at GP, he produced an overhead kick of which Cahill would be proud. Against Chelsea the previous season, he managed a shot on goal when the ball was behind him, somehow snaked his leg around it and forced a good save. But they're very brief glimmers of talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.