James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy needs a rest before the xmas period. I remember alex ferguson one year giving scholes a month off mid season because he's played too much
Garry Neville said Fergie did the same for him. Now is not the time with Barry also being out but once Barry is back I agree he should be rested. I don't even think Besic instead of McCarty weakens us and that's no disrespect to McCarthy who's been awesome recently. Just I think any of the 3 of them are as good a centre pair as anyone except Chelsea.

.....I think we put an offer of a new contract on the table. Pub rumour yesterday that he's not keen to sign - Arsenal mentioned. Seems odd, he's still got a while to go on his current deal and could 'up' his money. Apparently his lady is sister to the Smith boxing brothers, so hopefully a family link with the City might want him to extend his stay.

.....I think we put an offer of a new contract on the table. Pub rumour yesterday that he's not keen to sign - Arsenal mentioned. Seems odd, he's still got a while to go on his current deal and could 'up' his money. Apparently his lady is sister to the Smith boxing brothers, so hopefully a family link with the City might want him to extend his stay.

If this is true he's gone next summer around £ 20m

Status
Not open for further replies.