I worry about my fellow Evertonians...really

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would shrug my shoulders with that knowing smirky look all the while chewing spearmint gum and thinking about all the poor plebs supporting their own useless idiots who we are about to steamroll mercilessly with our financially better steamroller.
I don't
I would shrug my shoulders with that knowing smirky look all the while chewing spearmint gum and thinking about all the poor plebs supporting their own useless idiots who we are about to steamroll mercilessly with our financially better steamroller.

I don't wanna hear it, that scouse wit of yours is against regulations! In this department, we go by the book

Ok my fellow Evertonians.

I worry. I really do.

Seeing the level of joy and excitement this transfer window has given many of our loyal supporter base, I can't help but sit here and wonder, to the point of concern, what will happen to my fellow Toffees when the inevitable does in fact happen, and we are taken over and become one of the wealthiest clubs in the world?

If this transfer window has been anything to go by, I have my concerns about the emotional levels of many in here. Will the crescendo of excitement be managed to a safe level?

Talk to me my fellow Blues. Will you be able to accept such an event and still go on??

No need to fret friend, it will never happen, trust me on that.

Kenwrights looking 24/7

its all sound like

lol... cant really criticise him atall for this window though

You have to keep in mind that with every club that's taken over by mega-rich owners, the value of remaining clubs drops. Right now there are, by my calculation, 6 clubs in the league who either have a big enough brand or wealthy enough owners (or both) to spend the money needed to compete for the top positions: Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, QPR, Arsenal. These clubs are competing for 4 positions, meaning that necessarily 2 of these clubs will prove a bad investment for their owners each year.

Now imagine if just 1 more club gets taken over, nearly half of the big-spending clubs would miss out on the big money that comes with the champions league, and would basically fail to justify the big investment.

My point is that with each new super-wealthy owner, you end up with more clubs competing for the same pie, and there isn't enough to go around.

So no, I think that a takeover for us is still very much a question of "if", not "when".

You have to keep in mind that with every club that's taken over by mega-rich owners, the value of remaining clubs drops. Right now there are, by my calculation, 6 clubs in the league who either have a big enough brand or wealthy enough owners (or both) to spend the money needed to compete for the top positions: Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, QPR, Arsenal. These clubs are competing for 4 positions, meaning that necessarily 2 of these clubs will prove a bad investment for their owners each year.

Now imagine if just 1 more club gets taken over, nearly half of the big-spending clubs would miss out on the big money that comes with the champions league, and would basically fail to justify the big investment.

My point is that with each new super-wealthy owner, you end up with more clubs competing for the same pie, and there isn't enough to go around.

So no, I think that a takeover for us is still very much a question of "if", not "when".
Hmm...I think if the move to the shiny new stadium down the road eventuates, and we keep doing entertaining things on the park with RM, it will be when not if.

More importantly, are you going to be able to handle that my man?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.