I worry about my fellow Evertonians...really

Status
Not open for further replies.

kithnou

Player Valuation: £70m
Ok my fellow Evertonians.

I worry. I really do.

Seeing the level of joy and excitement this transfer window has given many of our loyal supporter base, I can't help but sit here and wonder, to the point of concern, what will happen to my fellow Toffees when the inevitable does in fact happen, and we are taken over and become one of the wealthiest clubs in the world?

If this transfer window has been anything to go by, I have my concerns about the emotional levels of many in here. Will the crescendo of excitement be managed to a safe level?

Talk to me my fellow Blues. Will you be able to accept such an event and still go on??

If we become one of the richest clubs in the world, it's because we're so boss at developing players, have the luxury of holding onto most of our money year in and year out, and will still be laughing at the already strong clubs buying players just to buy players whether they fit their club or not. Our balance from position to position is extraordinary. We just sat back thinking to ourselves "Well, we only need like Lukaku plus 3 or 4 role players for depth and we'll be set."

If we become one of the richest clubs in the world, it's because we're so boss at developing players, have the luxury of holding onto most of our money year in and year out, and will still be laughing at the already strong clubs buying players just to buy players whether they fit their club or not. Our balance from position to position is extraordinary. We just sat back thinking to ourselves "Well, we only need like Lukaku plus 3 or 4 role players for depth and we'll be set."
Having said that, if the 5th richest man in the world theoretically buys us next June?

As Roberto often says, money just speeds up the process. I'm confident with him at the helm that whatever happens financially we're in for something special.
I can see the world's population spiking collectively 9 months after such a takeover! ;)

We're certainly only moving in the right direction in terms of attracting investment. With the squad, mentality, and obviously the manager we have now, we are a much more attractive proposition.

I believe if that shiny, new stadium down the road eventuates, we are prime for a takeover...by someone/something big. This place would be out of control!!

I would rather achieve success in 5 years through hard work and skill than next year through a chequebook.
My topic was of concern for the fan base's health if it were to happen, based on how excited most have been this summer after decades of doing it tough

My topic was of concern for the fan base's health if it were to happen, based on how excited most have been this summer after decades of doing it tough
I would be disappointed to achieve success that way, so my health would be fine as I would find it difficult to get excited about signing players the way Man City and Chelsea do.
At the moment, I am bloody delighted though ;)

It'd be ace if we got a load of cash off a tycoon.
Money being spent.
Joe Anderson cryptic tweet
The super moon a few weeks ago.
The stars are aligning.

Status
Not open for further replies.