How would you describe Kanchelskis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is it that comes off the bench to celebrate the second with him, about 1m 33s in? Ones Amo, is the other Grant?

Yes mate that's Tony Grant that. What a player Kanchelskis was that season, unplayable, unstoppable, unbelievable to watch. Doing other players a disservice here but I would go the game to watch him alone he was worth the entrance fee.

Joe Royle liked his wingers - he was a great goal scoring winger who started to be great , and fell away too quickly - Gambling was his downfall allegedly!

Joe Royle liked his wingers - he was a great goal scoring winger who started to be great , and fell away too quickly - Gambling was his downfall allegedly!
Would walk into any team in the Prem, if not Europe. absolutely fantastic to watch

Gareth Bale in his last season at Spurs had something Kanchelskisesque about him.

But to be honest, sometimes Drenthe did as well. Just lightning quick with a hell of shot in him.

I was at sheff wed away when he scored the Hatrick and could have had 6.

Remember him and limpar ripping the backout of the rs.

Deulofeu is a similar type of player. Not at kanchelskis level but not many wingers have been. In my top 3 players for us.

Class. Tony Grant supplied him and he was off on the right. Then he would mostly cut inside and score with his left. Was lucky enough to be in attendance for most of his home games.

But it was a fairly ordinary side he played in so his quality stood out like a sore thumb.

The kind of player when you hear your club has signed, restores your faith, puts a spring in your step and reminds you why you love football.

I'll never forget the joy I felt when as a 16 year kid I switched on Ceefax and seen that we had signed Kanchelskis. I think I would be right in saying that he has been truly our last world class signing. By that I mean a player at his peak and not Samuel Etoo, Gazza and Ginola type signing that were all on their last leg when they signed. What we would do for a player of his type today he would make such a difference to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.