Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing about Victim FC. It's curious how, despite being manifestly more successful than us and undeniably so since 1970, excepting a brief interlude, that they feel it appropriate to snub us in such a belittling fashion.

One has to assume Holgate had a case to bring. This wasn't a crown court matter so Firmino being some sort of victim is pathetic. I'm sure he didn't lose a moment worrying and stressing. Under all circumstances it would have been far more decent and magnanimous for VFC to simply welcome the decision and draw a line under it. But that's just not how they roll. You will never see Everton talking in such terms

It's the same proposition.

Insufficient evidence - not enough evidence (not NO EVIDENCE at all).

As said, Firmino cant be happy with the outcome as it leaves the question mark hanging over him of "well, if it was insufficiently damning evidence in terms of volume, what exactly is the nature of the evidence the FA DOES have?"

He;s mired in this case now for the rest of his career - a point that no doubt exercises the Kopites and fuels their attacks on Holgate still.
I've been in court as the accused Dave.
Had a 'not proven'.

Was made up actually, but it's miles off being not guilty.

Insufficient evidence is simply away of avoiding the mess and witch-hunt caused by saying "no evidence". If there was any evidence it would have appeared via multiple TV cameras not to mention the 53000 smartphones in the ground.

It's the same proposition.

Insufficient evidence - not enough evidence (not NO EVIDENCE at all).

As said, Firmino cant be happy with the outcome as it leaves the question mark hanging over him of "well, if it was insufficiently damning evidence in terms of volume, what exactly is the nature of the evidence the FA DOES have?"

He;s mired in this case now for the rest of his career - a point that no doubt exercises the Kopites and fuels their attacks on Holgate still.

There was insufficient evidence because Mason alleged that he heard Firmino use a racist term. There was nothing that corroborated that allegation but because there was an allegation then the FA simply couldn't say there was no evidence.

Any fair minded person looks at the proximity of the Ref ie bang in the middle of the two players and the number of surrounding players and thinks that it is almost certain that nothing happened. Not you though Dave.

Racism is a much bigger issue than football so we all need to leave any baggage at the door. For my part I believe that Holgate thought he heard a racial slur, and I believe that Firmino did not actually use a racial slur. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise. We need to let this go.

Few fairly prominent posters have embarrassed themselves in here with the pathetic behaviour of turning this thread in to a typical us v them load of nonsense. We all knew the ''evidence'' was weak since the incident but because of who was involved it's truly brought out the worst in people.

No player should have to suffer from racism especially from his own colleagues but we as a forum have dealt with this terribly, we've basically devolved in to hoping Holgate was racially abused just for the ammunition.

Nice one FA. You can bet Holgate's treatment will be in the minds of abused players in the future.

upload_2018-2-22_1-39-42.png

upload_2018-2-22_1-40-23.png

upload_2018-2-22_1-41-8.png

upload_2018-2-22_1-41-55.png

upload_2018-2-22_1-42-52.png

upload_2018-2-22_1-43-21.png

They were never going to do him for this. He could have called him every name under the sun and it still would have been insufficient evidence.........
There is only one word that no one can call a black person In a football match. He knows what he did and he will live with it.

Somehow I really don't think it is the eradication of racism that you are bothered about.
Excuse me? I'm pointing out that Holgate, the victim, is now being labelled by the social media hoards as a liar and false accuser, which is the worst thing that can happen when you are trying to get rid of racism. This will only put other players off speaking up about abuse. Fk knows what stuff he's been sent to his own social media accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.