Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightwood

Player Valuation: £500k
Hello Guys n Gals,

Not been on for a while but like this MB and posted on here a few times before you played Stoke at the Brit early in the season.

You've gone on from strength to strength and you've still got an outside chance of sneeking a Champions League spot.

We on the other hand are doing what we expected, fighting for our premier league survival, upseting a lot of purists on the way.

Stoke are probably the marmite to this league. You either love us for the passion and never say die spirit or hate us for the way that we play. Most of the media seem to be in the second camp but us Stokies couldn't care less in fact we probably enjoy it ever more that they are so against us.

Anyway, our trip to Goodison is probably the second hardest of the fixtures remaining with Arsenal at the Emirates on the last day.

With Bolton (tonight), Middlesborough, Blackburn, Newcastle, West Ham and Wigan still to play on home soil we've got a fighting chance.

Certainly looking forward to the match at Goodison and hopefully we will stir up a great atmosphere because we will bring a full allocation and will be loud and proud.

Welcome back mate, hope yous stay up. There are a lot of teams in the relegation battle that I hate/dislike but I have no real feeling towards Stoke. If anything I respect your fans, we were in a boozer near your ground for hours without any kind of trouble near the beginning of the season & then you created a good atmosphere in the ground so you seem to be a proper club with fans who go to the match for the right reason.

I think you deserve your chance to be in the Premiership & hope you stay for a good while yet

Stoke will stay up*, take it from a Evertonian and therefore a relegation survival expert.

* Providing Delap doesn't suffer an arm injury :p

I'm fond of Stoke - founder members of the league and a proper football club.

I love the Delihah thing as well - great atmosphere - (I'm obviously having a Russ Abbott moment...)

And my father-in-law was a Victoria ground regular in his younger days.

So, ignore the critics. It's survival that counts for a club like Stoke.

We'll make you welcome at Goodison. Let's hope for a good game.

Stoke will stay up*, take it from a Evertonian and therefore a relegation survival expert.

* Providing Delap doesn't suffer an arm injury :p

Great weapon to have though. Stoke will be fine i feel but would probably suffer second season syndrome if there is any such thing.

Hope you and preferably West Brom stay. For the rest I don't care, just hope Newcastle is one of the clubs to go down.;)

Newcastle have got a really tough run in - I think they have still got to play all of the top 4 and they could be struggling. If we win tonight we open a 7 point gap over the Baggies, so we really could do with 3 points but Bolton are a tough team. Not one for the purists tonight me thinks - a good game of traditional blood and thunder English football ;)

Delap will be available tonight following suspension and Etherington will be available for the match with you. Both him & Beattie were great aquisitions in the window and you never know Beattie might do the old trick of scoring against a former club.

What kind of reception will he get?

I also hope that we come to try and get something from the game rather than trying to park the bus.

We parked it with some style at Anfield :D but I hope we take the game to you a lot more.

Both him & Beattie were great aquisitions in the window and you never know Beattie might do the old trick of scoring against a former club.

What kind of reception will he get?.

A good one in all probability, it's generally only those who go to the darkside, or mouth it off when they have left, that get a hostile reception.....

A good one in all probability, it's generally only those who go to the darkside, or mouth it off when they have left, that get a hostile reception.....

if i'm not mistaken. thats exactly what he did when he was at sheff. utd. we all gave him good wishes and said it was just one of those that didnt work out for player or club, we never questioned him, his ability or attitude, then he put the club down in the press.

Newcastle have got a really tough run in - I think they have still got to play all of the top 4 and they could be struggling. If we win tonight we open a 7 point gap over the Baggies, so we really could do with 3 points but Bolton are a tough team. Not one for the purists tonight me thinks - a good game of traditional blood and thunder English football ;)

Delap will be available tonight following suspension and Etherington will be available for the match with you. Both him & Beattie were great aquisitions in the window and you never know Beattie might do the old trick of scoring against a former club.

What kind of reception will he get?

I also hope that we come to try and get something from the game rather than trying to park the bus.

We parked it with some style at Anfield :D but I hope we take the game to you a lot more.

I had a lot of times for Beats before he had a go at the manager in the press, i think that could go against him, i thought he was better then that. That said i am happy to see him back in the Prem.

I had a lot of times for Beats before he had a go at the manager in the press, i think that could go against him, i thought he was better then that. That said i am happy to see him back in the Prem.

Often the way with players, can’t resist a parting dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.