Great away wins you wish you were at

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Tottenham game in 1985 when we put one hand on the trophy.....Trevor Steven at our end. My feet didn't touch the ground that night....so many scousers.

The one I wished I could have seen was the 4-0 at Anfield....Harvey and Temple scored I think. 1964? Or was it 1963?

Not Everton but I can only imagine how amazing it would be to win the league in the manner Arsenal did at Anfield.
I remember and someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong I think we had the opportunity to win it at the pit in 1987,we lost 3-1,but at least we had Sheeds and Inchy flicking the V's at the McKop that day, and we wrapped up the title a week or so later down at Norwich,would have been great to have rubbed their noses in it though!!

Wish I will be there: The Hull game on May 11 and secures the fourth place.

Last edited:

This thread brings home how blessed I was to see the club in the mid 1980's,brings it all back the great times/games/memories I was lucky enough to be present at,I really feel it for all the younger blues who have been living off scraps ever since,all I will say to them is I never as a kid from 1971-1983 ever thought we would win anything,I thought we were jinxed!!maybe,just maybe we're on the threshold of something again,COYB!!!

this season I would have loved to have been at Swansea away, 2 beautiful goals in the rain, however all time I would have loved to have been at Chelski when Baines scored the winner in the FA cup

I was at the Tottenham game in 1985 when we put one hand on the trophy.....Trevor Steven at our end. My feet didn't touch the ground that night....so many scousers.

The one I wished I could have seen was the 4-0 at Anfield....Harvey and Temple scored I think. 1964? Or was it 1963?

....64 I think, with a relatively inexperienced side. I still have a picture from Everton Supporters Club in City Rd taken the night of that game. My folks are on it, can imagine the ale didn't touch the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.