Goodisons atmosphere ..is it in terminal decline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because there really isn't anything there. I mean what has actually gone right this season so far? What positive things have happened for us to cheer? All I can think of is Bilyaletdinov almost scoring a couple of outrageous goals and Saha being on form. When you compare that to Lescott leaving and having a new long term injury every week, it's understandable.

I can see everyone going mental after the Kirkby decision personally, whichever way it goes.

COUGHKIRKBYCOUGH

I dont go to the games but it affects me. There's just not a lot to look forward to at the moment.

But yes we are quiet. I was at the Villa game, and then it was just every now and then we started singing and making noise. The ref got us going a bit by the end.

Good point Wool, we moan like [Poor language removed] but like the bad arl arses we are we dont get behind them.

I'm not looking for the rent-a-choir Kop, which is toe curling in the extreme, just some get behind them and more F OFF REF type evilness which makes the old lady bounce.

When she's bounces, she's beautiful.

My brother is a Leeds fan and the only game he's been to at Goodison was Fiorentina at home! Everytime I tell him how flat our normal atmosphere is he won't believe me!
Posted via Mobile Device

too many women in the ground, i feel guilty for shouting, effing and blinding in case i upset some old dear sat near me. I know you dont need to swear, but sometimes the ref deserves it... honest

I think it is, but I also think that's the case for the majority of support in the Premier League. Unless it's a Derby or a big game the atmosphere seems to be flat everywhere.

You get the odd team like Stoke who are made up to be here and sing there hearts out. Other than that, the atmosphere's are very poor in England, all round.

Excellent point, where football was once an escape and a chance for a laugh, has now changed - now that cash is a little bit tighter (record home repossessions, unemployment, maniac right wing parties finding favour in the doldrums of the disaffected, clearly corrupt government, and numerous sh!te occupations overseas) there really is not a great deal to be happy about, so continuing to pay through the nose to fund the life of excess plastered through every paper and low brow mag is not quite the novelty it once was. Christmas is coming and people are having to choose between sparse, overpriced entertainment and providing the few little extras for their family.

Stephen Fry is spot on, although the fans who actually HAVE spent the money to get in still aren't pulling their weight noise-wise

yeah it has been quite flat this season but can anyone blame us really!? Saying that I'm sure we'll take the roof off on sunday as per every derby game ;)

How things have changed in the mood of our support since united in wembley, i was there and that was a truely proud moment for me being an irish everton fan and seeing all of us so united(pardon the pun). Been to goodison twice this season and had to check twice that i was in the right stadium with the same people that gave so much vital backing to the players at wembley, sad times:(

Foreign teams generally have less money, less success, and less limelight, but their fans are awesome in the main regarding support.
Perhaps it's a Prem thing.

I can only comment on the foreign game types Ive been to. The Spanish one was sound with a good atmosphere, the Greek one was outstanding. They sung all the way and went mental for 90 minutes.

Goodison: [Poor language removed] OFF HIBBERT.

I personally think sunday will see the worst derby atmosphere for years . Many will jib it off due to being hung over , family comitments , it being on TV .Those that do go will just do the usual .

well some of us do make an effort, over in my corner you'd have to be quick out of the traps to beat me to my feet with vocal accompanyment.

i predict that someone will get kecked at the derby, on a sunday as well and near the church.

I think it'll all come down to how we play and how the game goes. If Liverpool get an early goal the game will die the the atmosphere will follow suite. I'd expect the fans to turn on our players and start that loud groaning we do when where unhappy. Get it forward!!!!! man on!!!!!! and all that stuff that seems to put alot of pressure on our players.

If it stays tight then I'd expect a good atmosphere, especially if Gerrard plays. When players like Gerrard and Rooney come to town, more than not, it's an aggressive, intimidating atmosphere.

I think more than anything the players have got to take responsibility and play some football, if they do that then the fans will be up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.