Goodisons atmosphere ..is it in terminal decline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWool76

Player Valuation: £20m
I personally have never known it to be quite so dire , flat , dead & dreary . Even when Mike Walker was in charge I remember the roof being lifted . Every game this season has been dead in the water atmosphere wise , its like people are attending out of habit and then drifting off to sleep when the game kicks off . I know some on here like Goat do there best but from where I sit in the Paddock I can barely hear the St End at all . Word has truley spread around the Premiership that Goodison is a morgue right up there with OT .

It guts me because Goodison is special , it hit me on saturday whilst sitting in the souless bowl that is OT . United supporters will deny it but OT doesnt have that dripping in English footballing history magic to it to the visiting fan . As much as I hate to admit it grounds like Anfield have it in bucket loads , you feel like you can reach out and touch it so to speak .

On a dark cold night when the wind is blowing in the right direction Goodison Park can bring ANY team to its knees . Ive seen it on countless occassions . Its now time for another one of those magical occassions come sunday . Its our collective duty .

On a dark cold night when the wind is blowing in the right direction Goodison Park can bring ANY team to its knees . Ive seen it on countless occassions . Its now time for another one of those magical occassions come sunday . Its our collective duty .

Unlikely given that its a Sunday early kick off, :dodgy:

Its really, really bad. This season has been awful as said, its hard when we have no players that lift the crowd, players like Arteta, Pienaar, its as if we as fans have given up. This must affect the players, they can feel the tension, hence our awful Home form this season.

Im not the happy clappy sing my heart out fan that wool has credited me with, I sing and clap and support the team for 90minutes, but I could do more, we all could. I dont know what needs to be done, but in order for the players to play well, in order for them to show some fight, we need to give them the will to show it. And quite frankly we have performed worse than them this season.

Something seriously wrong with us this season . For the first time in a longtime I have considered swerving going on a couple of occassions in favour of either working or doing something equally gay like hiking . Whats happening to me ?

I stay in the pub till the last possible moment and even when I leave I dont run . I just walk slowly with my head down like I am going to the doctors :dodgy:

Sadly the support is divided, and the divisions have been allowed (because of time and politics) to grow and grow. Summers of discontent rolled in on top of that coupled with divisive perceptions of players and soundbites of unhappiness by the truck load from Moyes have the support on its knees. Injuries and form and international breaks and getting whopped by Benfica and Arse have furthered the dampner on the players who are the ones in a position to turn fortunes around and give the supporters a little hope. After the cup final loss, the Lescott wrangling, the bad news added to horrific news (Arteta, Jag, then Neville, then Pienaar now Neville again) fans are frustrated. Not having Hibbert in the side to roundly boo hasn't even been an option for that ilk.
Something has to give. Prozac anyone?

Sadly the support is divided, and the divisions have been allowed (because of time and politics) to grow and grow. Summers of discontent rolled in on top of that coupled with divisive perceptions of players and soundbites of unhappiness by the truck load from Moyes have the support on its knees. Injuries and form and international breaks and getting whopped by Benfica and Arse have furthered the dampner on the players who are the ones in a position to turn fortunes around and give the supporters a little hope. After the cup final loss, the Lescott wrangling, the bad news added to horrific news (Arteta, Jag, then Neville, then Pienaar now Neville again) fans are frustrated. Not having Hibbert in the side to roundly boo hasn't even been an option for that ilk.
Something has to give. Prozac anyone?

Eye ill have three . Somethings wrong though as even at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon I got the impression that most where there because they thought they had to be not because they wanted to be there . I detect a sea change in mood amongst our support

I think it is, but I also think that's the case for the majority of support in the Premier League. Unless it's a Derby or a big game the atmosphere seems to be flat everywhere.

You get the odd team like Stoke who are made up to be here and sing there hearts out. Other than that, the atmosphere's are very poor in England, all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.