Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out of form since coming back from injury and he's getting caught in possession too much at the moment
He'll come good again ... hopefully it won't take too long.

Will he come good again though? He turns 34 in a couple of months, how long are people expecting him to go on for?

Will he come good again though? He turns 34 in a couple of months, how long are people expecting him to go on for?

Yea, he'll come good again. He has class and a footballing brain which will keep him going for a while yet. I reckon he'll still be doing the business for us next season but might not see out his contract beyond that.

Yea, he'll come good again. He has class and a footballing brain which will keep him going for a while yet. I reckon he'll still be doing the business for us next season but might not see out his contract beyond that.

I fear for us if we have another 18 months of Barry to contend with.

Are you on a mission to get rid of him or something?

I'm just wondering how long we intend to persist with a 34 year old, slow, non-creative midfielder for? Personally, I think we should be looking for a younger, dynamic, creative midfielder sooner rather than later.

Barry has not regained his sharpness sine returning from injury. Difficulty is that some players as they get older need more game time, the more they play the sharper they are. It may be useful for him to play against Krasnodar.

I'm just wondering how long we intend to persist with a 34 year old, slow, non-creative midfielder for? Personally, I think we should be looking for a younger, dynamic, creative midfielder sooner rather than later.

He's missing McCarthy. That is all.

Idiotic post from you.

He's missing McCarthy. That is all.

Idiotic post from you.

I don't agree, I think he is at the arse end of his career and that he is only going to get worse. You need energy and creativity in midfield, and he has neither.

The opposition are not going to be cacking themselves about facing an ageing, slow Gareth Barry any time soon.

I don't agree, I think he is at the arse end of his career and that he is only going to get worse. You need energy and creativity in midfield, and he has neither.

The opposition are not going to be cacking themselves about facing an ageing, slow Gareth Barry any time soon.

Yeah right.

Nonsense. He's had several injuries in previous weeks. His form has dipped.

Not enough to send him the knackers yard

You strike me as someone looking for an excuse to. :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.