Votes: 170 58.2%
  • Draw lad

Votes: 94 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the game.

Osman did exactly what he has done for the last 12 years. He showed exaclt why he has been fantastic in certain aspects, then 2 seconds later showed why he should be nowhere near the first 11. Need to accept you are a sub at this point leon!

He doesn't pick himself.

Yes we were, until the equaliser it was as bad as anything we ever saw under Walter Smith. After the equaliser we looked the more likely winners, but still contrived to give them a half chance in the final seconds!

Sevilla were bad, Spuds were turbobad, the RS speed of light bad, even yesterday Madrid were bad. We got the result and we got the result we wanted in the Lille-Wolfsburg match. It was a good day.

We're 2 wins from 8 this season. That's what worries me. I don't care if we play pretty or not at this point. We need to start winning, but we hardly look like it.

I'm not concerned yet tho. Fine margins at the moment which are conspiring against us. Some silly errors and injuries, along with a tough start and we are where we are.

I wouldn't say we'v really played badly (last night & swansea exc) and apart from Chelsea none of the other top sides have tore up any trees. We'll kick into top gear soon enough. Most likely when Ross the Boss returns!!

Not very good again was it. If offered a draw before the game in Russia, I would have been happy, still am but the performances are worrying.

Can't seem to string 3 passes together unless it's the back 4 playing too each other and as soon as they are pressed hoof to nobody.

I'm not an Ossie hater but Him, Gibson and McGeady may as well not have been on the pitch yesterday. On a brighter note thought our Tony played well or have expectations of him gone so low any kind of performance looks awesome from the lid?

John Stones is getting better by the match. I think any team would struggle missing there 4 most creative players so let's hope they are back and soon.

I thought we looked like we did last season in the period lukaku was out. (Around the time we played spurs away).
Thought we looked better once rom went central, the ball started to stick alot more.
I know its very early but atsu just dosent look half the talent gerri is, love to be proved wrong though.
No coleman, mirallas, ross, mcarthy, pienaar and rom first half. Id call that a good result

We grafted hard for the point . Getting an unbeaten run going is important for us because we need the confidence it brings. I will take it any way we can get it.

Not very good again was it. If offered a draw before the game in Russia, I would have been happy, still am but the performances are worrying.

Can't seem to string 3 passes together unless it's the back 4 playing too each other and as soon as they are pressed hoof to nobody.

I'm not an Ossie hater but Him, Gibson and McGeady may as well not have been on the pitch yesterday. On a brighter note thought our Tony played well or have expectations of him gone so low any kind of performance looks awesome from the lid?

John Stones is getting better by the match. I think any team would struggle missing there 4 most creative players so let's hope they are back and soon.
Wouldn't agree about McGeady, he was our only creative outlet during the first half. I agree with the rest though, Hibbo did pretty well.

Wouldn't agree about McGeady, he was our only creative outlet during the first half. I agree with the rest though, Hibbo did pretty well.

I may be being harsh on McGeady, the front 3 look really isolated at times which maybe why he is losing possession so much. Still think he flatters to deceive though.

A point away in Russia is a decent result. The amount of chances we let them have yet again though and the amount of times we needlessly gave the ball away like a hot rock is quite concerning.

You say McGeady might as well not have been on the pitch? It was his surging runs and tenacity that relieved the pressure on us early on, and it was his shot that was turned round the post by their keeper. Gibson is naturally very rusty but stayed on for 90 mins, saving the legs of one on the bench who can now start fresh against United. Ossie was as under pressure as the rest ...pressure from a strong Russian team on a good run, who have scored 9 in their previous 3 games, and were on their home turf, 2500 miles from GP, but he came into his own in the last 20 mins, a trubute to his tenacity and staying power on the night. People who ever thought that was going to be easy need to think again...it was always going to be the hardest away game in the group. We've got the fight and the desire to do well in this competition, and we showed it last night. In Europe more than ever, you have to sometimes grind out a result, and you most definitely have to fight for the right to play your game. At the end, we were the most likely winners.

You say McGeady might as well not have been on the pitch? It was his surging runs and tenacity that relieved the pressure on us early on, and it was his shot that was turned round the post by their keeper. Gibson is naturally very rusty but stayed on for 90 mins, saving the legs of one on the bench who can now start fresh against United. Ossie was as under pressure as the rest ...pressure from a strong Russian team on a good run, who have scored 9 in their previous 3 games, and were on their home turf, 2500 miles from GP, but he came into his own in the last 20 mins, a trubute to his tenacity and staying power on the night. People who ever thought that was going to be easy need to think again...it was always going to be the hardest away game in the group. We've got the fight and the desire to do well in this competition, and we showed it last night. In Europe more than ever, you have to sometimes grind out a result, and you most definitely have to fight for the right to play your game. At the end, we were the most likely winners.

Never said I thought it was an easy game. I thought McGeady was poor again, my opinion. The way we played has been a worrying trend since the Chelsea game, it wasn't just last night we aren't playing well at the moment. Make as many excuses as you want, but they haven't clicked as a unit yet.

Long trip, half a team, tough game yada yada yada. Not good enough with the squad we have, lacking confidence and opposing teams are getting shots off against us every time they attack near enough.

The result was good the performance was not.

Not too disapointed with this. It was always going to be a difficult game going all that way to Russia, and having so many key players out. So on the face of it, a point is a really good result. Especially considering the outcome of the other game in our group.

The first 65 minutes was pretty awful and incredibly boring football to watch, and it just felt like we couldn't get into the game at all, we were far too slow. But I was pretty happy with how we ended the game, with limited personel and creativity, we fought back and got that crucial goal, and definitley looked like we could have got another as the game came to a close.

Gibson seems well off the pace to me, and his passes weren't all that. I know he's been out for a long period, so I guess he is just gonna take some time to get back to the standard he was at.

Barry too was quiet, but maybe it's just that the pace of our midfield becomes pedestrian without James McCarthy. Our defenders really didn't have much of an outlet when they were in possession, and so they just seem to pass a lot amongst themselves, which led nowhere.

Atsu and McGeady will sit on the bench when Pienaar and Mirallas are back fit. None of them done enough for me, although McGeady played slightly better than he did in previous games.

Baines, Osman and Lukaku were good towards the end in the closing moments of the game, pushing for another goal.

All in all, not much to write home about. Take the point, and put in a better performance in the home game against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.