• EBEPTOH

Votes: 170 58.2%
  • Draw lad

Votes: 94 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson - Shocking 1st half for me. Gave the ball away and hid in the shadows till half time.
Osman - Was he even on the pitch? (added nothing and was an extra man to carry for the team)
Hibbo - well was just Hibbo (for me his place should have gone to the young lad TB)
Barry - Left to carry the team by himself int he center of the pitch and create for the top line.

For me, we look a million miles away from the team, last season. We have added players but something is not right on the pitch be it formation or playing personal.

Another result that has papered over the fault lines this season.

Gibson - Shocking 1st half for me. Gave the ball away and hid in the shadows till half time.
Osman - Was he even on the pitch? (added nothing and was an extra man to carry for the team)
Hibbo - well was just Hibbo (for me his place should have gone to the young lad TB)
Barry - Left to carry the team by himself int he center of the pitch and create for the top line.

For me, we look a million miles away from the team, last season. We have added players but something is not right on the pitch be it formation or playing personal.

I agree with most but as someone said previously we were missing our first choice front 3 behind Lukaku.

Got a draw in a scary place against the Ruskies and we still have Coleman, McCarthy, Naismith, Mirallas, Pienaar and Barkley to add to that team we put out.

Amazing how two Blues can watch the same game and come to such different conclusions.

I think we started slowly against a lively team in an Away Euro match in the back of beyond. We were poor and certainly weathered a storm.

Not sure how you can pick out those players you did though.

Gibson was okay and certainly not worse than Barry. Like the rest of the team he improved in the second half.

I thought Osman was tidy going forward and showed some nifty skill at times that brought back some memories.

Hibbo was reasonable and certainly not the worst defender on the pitch which, in my opinion, was Jags by a mile. For me Hibbo has come out and done a job when needed in Coleman's absence.

Going forward I thought Eto'o was weak save of course for the last second finish. I thought Lukaku was really up for it when he came on.

I agree the team is completely out of sorts defensively at the moment and I too haven't a clue why.

I agree with most but as someone said previously we were missing our first choice front 3 behind Lukaku.

True, every team gets injurys and have to adapt. We seem to look like we are going to get hammered for long periods of a lot of matchs recentley whatever the side we put out on the pitch.

For me, that is down to the Manager who has to prepare the players before the game and adjust for selection challenges.

Jagielka !!! we need a new centre back badly,that guy lacks quality and motivation,Stones is class and he does not need to carry Jagielka all the time and clean for his mistakes.

Jagielka !!! we need a new centre back badly,that guy lacks quality and motivation,Stones is class and he does not need to carry Jagielka all the time and clean for his mistakes.

Interesting view from a neutral. We have had defensive problems thus far in the season, one only needs to look at goals against in the league. It has actually tightened up quite bit with Stones playing.

Amazing how two Blues can watch the same game and come to such different conclusions.

I think we started slowly against a lively team in an Away Euro match in the back of beyond. We were poor and certainly weathered a storm.

Not sure how you can pick out those players you did though.

Gibson was okay and certainly not worse than Barry. Like the rest of the team he improved in the second half.

I thought Osman was tidy going forward and showed some nifty skill at times that brought back some memories.

Hibbo was reasonable and certainly not the worst defender on the pitch which, in my opinion, was Jags by a mile. For me Hibbo has come out and done a job when needed in Coleman's absence.

Going forward I thought Eto'o was weak save of course for the last second finish. I thought Lukaku was really up for it when he came on.

I agree the team is completely out of sorts defensively at the moment and I too haven't a clue why.

All about opinions and perspectives. Everton will need to pick up results when we play bad so job done on that front but you can see why we have the worst defence in the PL and in recent matches we are struggling to create which is another problem as we try ot offset the defensive issues.

For me, this all goes back to the summer. We should have added a quality CH and Keeper to our squad as the signs were already starting show in pre season results. It,s too late now and I doubt we will adderess it in Jan unless we can generate major cash via sales in jan.

Don't get me wrong, I thought that for all bar the second 15 minutes of the first half and the last 15 of the second, we were awful. But, I just don't go along with comments on this thread that Krasnodar should have been 'out of sight' before we scored. Apart form one save by Howard in the first half, their effort against the bar in the second, and a few comedic miskicking episodes by our defenders in our own box, I'm struggling to recall just where this perspective comes from. Yes, as I say, they were the better side for long periods, but we were threatened only rarely. If a couple of shots in 90 minutes is all that's required of a side to be classed as deserving to have been 'out of sight' then we probably fit the criteria every game.

To be honest though, a team missing Ross Barkley, Kevin Mirallas, Seamus Coleman and even Steven Pienaar was always going to struggle in a tricky away game in Russia.

Awful dispaly all round really apart from Howard and Stones. Baines came into it well when we actually began to compete with them.

Im actually happy today we have 4 points from the first 2 games and are well placed to progress. I dont anticipate us playing as badly as that again so happy to write performance off and b happy with the point gained rather than 2 dropped.

I think we were poor, overall. The last 10/15 minutes were OK, but the way we lost possession at times was schoolboy stuff.

Still, a draw was a very good result given our performance.

I watched the Setanta coverage and struggled to hear much of the commentary. The home crowd was good and noisy, but isn't
21st century technology able to allow for that? I don't need it to follow the match but I would've liked to hear some of the comments
about, for instance, Krasnodar's history.

Didn't hear a single verse of Alley Alley Oh, but well done to the travelling supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.