Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be utterly absurd if we received a harsher punishment than the one that was meted out to the 6 teams who recently tried to end the Premier League and create a European super league.
This is an outstandingly good and reasonable point.

Not that good or reasonable have any relevance to the footballing authorities.

As for the Super League clubs, please see my previous post.

1. Remember it was the club which hinted at a stadium tax problem.

2. The Scab Six made a 'gesture of goodwill' in paying funds for the lower league teams. The Premier League were unable to fine them as they broke no rules - there were no rules against teams opting out of UEFA competition in favour a private competition. There are now.

The very fact that this speculation bombshell was dropped by the press the very day after the club started receiving sympathy after Bill Kenwright 's passing says everything about how that press and media work against thid club at any opportunity.

Maybe it's the rs that infest the media, maybe its just such easy clickbait for them, given how many supporters the club has. If so, it only works fir as long as people carry on clicking. (Surely by now people have learned enough to stop buying papers).

This is an outstandingly good and reasonable point.

Not that good or reasonable have any relevance to the footballing authorities.
Along with most supporters at Chelsea and to be fair the other 5 clubs there was absolutely no appetite to join a ESL particularly one without promotion/relegation but the my understanding is that the problem both the PL and FA had was that until these clubs actually played in the ESL ( an unauthorised competition ) they didn’t break any written rule that at the time was in place the only charge that could be pointed to was an all encompassing rule about bringing the competition into disrepute a charge that really brings little of note by way of sanction

If you look what happened post their withdraw from the proposition the clubs actually weren’t fined a £ what they agreed was to make a “ donation “ of £20 odd million to grassroots football. No charge, no fine just a change to the rules going forward

Time moves on but the spectre of a ESL hasn’t disappeared far from its as close as ever and the irony is that UEFA will almost certainly be the body that sanctions such a competition

edit

Apologies Market trader I hadn’t read your post when I drafted this one so sorry for repeating in effect your words

I don’t think anyone on here honestly believes that we’ll get a 12 point deduction. There will be collateral damage from all this though, people will be outraged when it doesn’t happen as it looks like the vast majority of outside fans believe it’s been decided and is happening.

We really need to harness a siege mentality and use it as a positive. It genuinely is us against the entire world right now, absolutely everyone wants us gone.
So we take on the Millwall theme.
Everybody hates us. We don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.